TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):可持续性的投资逻辑(1)
日期:2015-08-25 18:31

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The world is changing in some really profound ways,
这世界正在发生某些翻天覆地的变化,
and I worry that investors aren't paying enough attention to some of the biggest drivers of change,
而我担心的是投资者们并没有充分注意到那些引起这些变化的最主要的驱动因素,
especially when it comes to sustainability.
尤其是在可持续性发展方面。
And by sustainability, I mean the really juicy things,
说到可持续发展, 我指的是那些最有意思的东西,
like environmental and social issues and corporate governance.
例如环境问题和社会问题,还有公司的管理。
I think it's reckless to ignore these things,
我觉得这些问题是不容忽视的,
because doing so can jeopardize future long-term returns.
因为忽视它们很可能会危害到未来的长期回报。


And here's something that may surprise you:
下面我要说的可能会让你感到惊讶:
the balance of power to really influence sustainability rests with institutional investors,
最能影响可持续性的权力平衡掌握在机构投资者的手中,
the large investors like pension funds,
那些大型投资者,比如养老基金,
foundations and endowments.
基金会和捐赠基金。
I believe that sustainable investing is less complicated than you think,
我相信可持续性的投资没有你想的那么复杂,
better-performing than you believe,
比你预计的回报率还高,
and more important than we can imagine.
也比我们想像得更重要。
Let me remind you what we already know.
先来回顾一下我们已知的一些事情:
We have a population that's both growing and aging;
世界人口正在不断增长和老龄化,
we have seven billion souls today heading to 10 billion at the end of the century;
现在有70亿人,到了21世纪末将逼近100亿;
we consume natural resources faster than they can be replenished;
我们消耗天然资源的速度快于它们能重新生成的速度;
and the emissions that are mainly responsible for climate change just keep increasing.
而废气排放总在不断地增加,这是造成气候变化的主要原因。
Now clearly, these are environmental and social issues,
显然,这里有环境问题和社会问题,
but that's not all.
但这还不是全部,
They're economic issues,
这里还有经济问题,
and that makes them relevant to risk and return.
所以就与风险和投资回报息息相关。

演讲介绍
可持续性发展显然是全世界最重要的目标之一,但是什么团体能使环境问题进展得突飞猛进呢?克里斯麦克奈特要证明是那些大型的机构投资者。他展示了为什么强大的经济数据还不够,揭示了为什么投资者还需要考察公司的环境,社会和管理结构。

分享到