TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何让世界到2030年时变得更好(9)
日期:2019-09-29 09:19

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

And I want to finish by showing you a way to do that, called the People's Report Card.
我想给你们展示一种可行的方法来结束这个演讲,这个方法叫做“人民成绩单”。
The People's Report Card brings together all this data
“人民成绩单”把所有的数据
into a simple framework that we'll all be familiar with from our school days, to hold them to account.
转变为一种我们在学生时代都很熟悉的方式,来作出一个解释。
It grades our performance on the Global Goals on a scale from F to A,
成绩单把我们实现全球目标过程中的得分作出从F到A的分级评估,
where F is humanity at its worst, and A is humanity at its best.
F代表最不人性,A代表最人性。
Our world today is scoring a C-.
我们当今的世界得分是C-。

如何让世界到2030年时变得更好

The Global Goals are all about getting to an A,
实现全球目标要求我们得到A,
and that's why we're going to be updating the People's Report Card annually,
这就是我们每年都要更新“人民成绩单”的原因,
for the world and for all the countries of the world,
这都是为了这个世界,为了世界上的所有国家,
so we can hold our leaders to account to achieve this target and fulfill this promise.
我们的领导人要承担起责任来实现这个目标,兑现他们的承诺。
Because getting to the Global Goals will only happen if we do things differently,
因为只有我们做一些改变,我们的领导人做一些改变,
if our leaders do things differently, and for that to happen, that needs us to demand it.
我们才能达到全球目标,要实现目标就需要各位切实地去做。
So let's reject business as usual. Let's demand a different path.
那就让我们一起摒弃掉传统的观念。让我们一起走一条不同的路。
Let's choose the world that we want. Thank you.
让我们选择我们想要的世界。谢谢。

演讲介绍

世界的发展离不开每个国家的发展,而衡量一个国家发展的标准是什么呢? 经济发展是否是关键因素? Michael Green 先生有个很好的提议,那就是给每个国家一个成绩卡,就像在学校里管理各个学生一样,想知道自己的祖国在这所“地球大学”中的成绩如何吗? 我们是拖后腿了还是名列前茅呢?


分享到
重点单词
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • frameworkn. 结构,框架,参照标准,体系
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • globaladj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • humanityn. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科