TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):有关激情的故事(6)
日期:2018-01-05 09:26

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Mapendo, in Swahili, means great love. The protagonists of my books are strong and passionate women like Rose Mapendo.
在斯瓦希里语中马培德意味着爱。我的书中的主角都是坚韧且充满热情的妇女,正如罗斯·马培德那样。
I don't make them up. There's no need for that. I look around and I see them everywhere.
她们并非虚构。也没有必要虚构。在我身边这样的身影无处不在。
I have worked with women and for women all my life. I know them well.
我一生都和女性也为女性而工作。我对她们非常熟悉。
I was born in ancient times, at the end of the world, in a patriarchal Catholic and conservative family.
很久以前我出生于很远的地方,出生于一个宗主派天主教的保守家庭。
No wonder that by age five I was a raging feminist -- although the term had not reached Chile yet,
难怪我在5岁时就是热血沸腾的女权主义者,不过当时女权这个词并不流行,
so nobody knew what the heck was wrong with me.
因此没人知道我到底哪出了问题。
I would soon find out that there was a high price to pay for my freedom, and for questioning the patriarchy.
很快地,我就发现要想享受自由得付出极高的代价,还有与长辈顶嘴。
But I was happy to pay it, because for every blow that I received, I was able to deliver two.
但是我还是会去顶嘴,因为我每次被罚时下次都会被双倍奉还。

有关激情的故事

Once, when my daughter Paula was in her twenties, she said to me that feminism was dated, that I should move on.
有次,我当时20多岁的女儿宝拉给我说女权运动过时了,叫我好好过日子。
We had a memorable fight. Feminism is dated?
我们为此吵了一场难忘的架。真的过时了吗?
Yes, for privileged women like my daughter and all of us here today,
的确,对于我女儿和在座各位这样幸福的女性,的确是过时了,
but not for most of our sisters in the rest of the world who are still forced into premature marriage, prostitution, forced labor
不过对其他地方的姐妹们却并非如此,她们仍然在很小时就嫁人,成为童妓,被强迫工作,
they have children that they don't want or they cannot feed.
生下自己不想要或者养不起的孩子们。
They have no control over their bodies or their lives. They have no education and no freedom.
无法掌控自己的身体和人生,无法教育且没有自由。
They are raped, beaten up and sometimes killed with impunity.
被强暴,殴打,有时还因受罚而被杀。
For most Western young women of today, being called a feminist is an insult.
对如今大多数西方年轻女性来说,被叫做女权主义者是一种污辱。
Feminism has never been sexy, but let me assure you that it never stopped me from flirting, and I have seldom suffered from lack of men.
女权主义永远不会性感,但我要向你们担保,我并没有失去调情的时机,并且我也很少受到缺乏男子气概的影响。
Feminism is not dead, by no means. It has evolved.
无论如何女权主义并没有逝去,它只是不断在进化。
If you don't like the term, change it, for Goddess' sake.
如果你并不喜欢这词的话,在上帝的保佑下改变。
Call it Aphrodite, or Venus, or bimbo, or whatever you want;
改名叫爱芙罗蒂、维纳斯或花瓶,如果你喜欢的话;
the name doesn't matter, as long as we understand what it is about, and we support it.
名称并不重要,只要我们互相了解并理解其含义。

演讲介绍

身为作家以及活动家的伊莎贝尔.阿连德,讨论了关于妇女、创造力以及女性主义的话题,演讲中当然也讲述了关于激情的故事。


分享到