TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):女性崛起的新数据(2)
日期:2016-10-17 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

If you think about this, if you just open your eyes to this possibility
如果你想到这些,如果你向这些可能性睁开你的眼睛
and start to connect the dots, you can see the evidence everywhere.
并且开始连接这些点,你可以看见证据无所不在。
You can see it in college graduation patterns, in job projections, in our marriage statistics,
你可以看见它体现在大学的毕业形势中,在工作规划中,在我们的婚姻统计中,
you can see it in the Icelandic elections, which you'll hear about later,
在后面你也会看到,还体现在冰岛的大选中,
and you can see it on South Korean surveys on son preference,
而且你可以从韩国对儿子的偏好的调查数据中,
that something amazing and unprecedented is happening with women.
看到关于女性的一些惊人的史无前例的事件正在发生。
Certainly this is not the first time that we've had great progress with women.
当然这不是女性第一次的巨大进步。
The '20s and the '60s also come to mind.
又比如二十年代和六十年代。

女性崛起的新数据

But the difference is that, back then,
但不同的是,在当时,
it was driven by a very passionate feminist movement that was trying to project its own desires,
是被一个试图实现自身欲望的、非常激烈的女性运动所驱动,
whereas this time, it's not about passion, and it's not about any kind of movement.
而这次,不是关于激情,也不是关于什么运动。
This is really just about the facts of this economic moment that we live in.
这真的是仅仅关于我们现在所处的经济状态的现实。
The 200,000-year period in which men have been top dog
这二十万年男人当权的时代
is truly coming to an end, believe it or not, and that's why I talk about the "end of men."
正走向尽头,信不信由你,这就是为什么我说是男人的尽头。
Now all you men out there, this is not the moment where you tune out or throw some tomatoes,
所有在座的各位男士现在并不用漠视我或扔给我西红柿,
because the point is that this is happening to all of us.
因为重点是这正发生在我们每个人身上。
I myself have a husband and a father and two sons whom I dearly love.
我有一位丈夫和一位父亲和两个我深爱着的儿子。
And this is why I like to talk about this,
这也正是为什么我想谈论这个,
because if we don't acknowledge it, then the transition will be pretty painful.
因为如果我们不承认它,那么这个演变将会十分地痛苦。
But if we do take account of it, then I think it will go much more smoothly.
但是如果我们重视它,我认为它将演变的更加平稳。
I first started thinking about this about a year and a half ago.
我第一次考虑到这件事的时候大约是在一年半之前。
I was reading headlines about the recession just like anyone else,
我和所有人一样在阅读关于经济萎靡的头条新闻,
and I started to notice a distinct pattern --
我发现了一个独特的模式--
that the recession was affecting men much more deeply than it was affecting women.
经济衰退影响男人的程度大于对女人的影响程度。

演讲介绍

汉娜.罗森回顾了表明女性在某些重要领域超越男性的一些显著的新数据,例如大学毕业率。这些不仅以美国为中心还在整个世界都流行的趋势是否预示着“男性时代的结束”?也许并非如此—但这些表明社会变化的数据值得揣摩。


分享到