(单词翻译:单击)
But at this moment Charles Darnay was trying very hard
但在此刻,查尔斯·代尔那正竭力
to persuade his old friend Mr Lorry not to go to France.
说服他的老朋友劳里先生不要去法国。
'It's too dangerous. The weather is not good,
"那太危险了,天气也不好,
the roads are bad, think of your age, ' he said.
路也难走,还有您的年纪。"他说。
'My dear Charles, ' said the banker.
“我亲爱的查尔斯,"银行家说。
'You think that, at nearly eighty years of age,
"你认为我快80岁了,
I'm too old. But that's exactly why I must go.
所以太老了,但这正是我必须去的原因。
I have the experience, I know the business.
我有经验,也懂业务。
My work is to find and hide papers that might be dangerous to our customers.
我的工作是去找到并收藏有可能对我们的客户有危险的文件。
And anyway, Jerry Cruncher goes with me.
况且还有杰里·克拉彻和我一起去,
He'll take good care of my old bones.'
他会照顾好我这把老骨头的。”
'I wish I could go, ' said Charles restlessly.'
"我希望我能去。”查尔斯不安地说。
I feel sorry for the people in France, and perhaps I could help them.
"我为法国人民难过,也许我能帮助他们。
Only last night, when I was talking to Lucie'
只是昨天夜里,我和路茜谈起的时候”
'Talking to Lucie, ' repeated Mr Lorry.
"和路茜谈,”劳里先生重复道。
'You talk about your lovely wife at the same time as you talk about going to France.
"你谈起去法国一事的同时还谈起你可爱的妻子。
You must not go. Your life is here, with your family.'
你不能去,你的生活在这儿,和你的家人在一起。"

人物形象分析:
他们生活腐化、治理国家无能,残害百姓却是无以复加。资产阶级人道主义的精髓就是在于肯定人与生俱来的权利与价值。正是从这个基点出发,狄更斯对厄弗瑞蒙德兄弟进行了最充分的揭露和最无情的批判。达尔奈与厄弗瑞蒙德侯爵兄弟是两种截然对立的形象,其用意何在呢?显然,作者是要树立两种不同的典型,展示两种相反的前景。
