(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
And then the power went out.
就在这时候停电了
Then, when the lights came back on in 40 minutes...
然后,当40分钟后灯光重新亮起...
everyone had pretty much forgotten that I was talking...
大家都忘记了我要致词...
and we never finished that part of the thing.
于是这部分仪式也就不了了之
So my speech was, "When I think of my dad...
所以我的致词就是: 每当我想到爸爸...
"I think of Bob Seger's Like a Rock.''
我就会想起鲍勃?西格的《宛若山岩》
That's all I said at my dad's living funeral...
这就是我在爸爸的生前葬礼上 作的全部发言...
something about Bob Seger.
一句关于鲍勃?西格的话
You've reached 272-7638. Please leave a message.
您拨通的是272-7638。请留言
Dave, it's Mark Dersen from Hello America.
戴维,我是"你好美国"节目的 马克.德尔讯
Can you give me a call back? I called a couple of times Friday...
可以给我回个电话吗? 星期五我打来好几次...
and I'm wondering why you haven't called me back.
不知道为什么你没回电
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、speech
n. 演讲;讲话;[语] 语音;演说
Intoxication interferes with speech and coordination.
醉酒影响言语能力和协调性。
2、wonder
n. 惊奇;奇迹;惊愕
vi. 怀疑;想知道;惊讶
vt. 怀疑;惊奇;对…感到惊讶
I could only wonder at how far this woman had come.
我只能对这名妇女远道而来感到惊讶。
重点短语:
1、leave a message
留言,留口信
I’m not at home now. Please leave a message after the beep.
我现在不在家,请在哔的一声之后开始留言。
2、came back
回来;记起;恢复原状,重新流行
All my friends came back to me.
我所有的朋友都回到了我身边。
3、a couple of
三两个…;一对…
A couple of old women were chinning in the corner.
几个老太婆在角落里聊天。
考考你(翻译):
1、他能在口语或书写中模仿大多数他崇拜的人。
2、我惊讶于你也感觉不到它。
3、他回来的时候带着那本拍卖回的书。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、There was a vast distance between psychological clues and concrete proof.
2、Gooch will be raising money for charity.
3、Our meeting focuses on the question of women's right.