大家说英语(MP3+中英字幕) 第629期:正式用语
日期:2020-06-12 09:34

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Chapman.
泰勒:查普曼太太,很高兴认识你。
Susie: Taylor, what are you talking about?
苏西:泰勒,你在说什么?
Taylor: Oh, hi, Susie. I'm trying to sound more formal.
泰勒:哦,嗨,苏西。我试着讲话听起来更正式一点。
Susie: Why?
苏西:为什么?
Taylor: I'm going to a fancy dinner party tonight.
泰勒:我今晚要去参加一场正式晚宴。
Susie: Do you want me to help you practice?
苏西:你要我帮你练习吗?
Taylor: Yes, please! Should I use big words?
泰勒:好,麻烦你了!我应该使用生僻的词汇吗?
Susie: No. But be careful how you speak.
苏西:不需要,可是要注意你说话的方式。

正式用语

Conversation B
对话B
Taylor: What do you mean, Susie?
泰勒:苏西,你这么说是什么意思?
Susie: Well, speaking in the passive often sounds more formal. It's less personal.
苏西:这个嘛,以被动语态说话听起来通常会比较正式。这样不个人化。
Taylor: Can you give me an example?
泰勒:你可以举个例子吗?
Susie: Yes. Don't say, "We'll serve the next course soon." Say, "The next course will be served soon."
苏西:可以。不要说“我们很快就会上下一道菜”,要说“下一道菜很快就会上了”。
Taylor: Oh! I should say, "Ice cream will be served for dessert", not, "We'll serve ice cream for dessert."
泰勒:哦!所以我应该说“冰淇淋将会被端上当甜点”,而不该说“我们供应的甜点是冰淇淋。”
Susie: Yes, that's perfect!
苏西:没错,这样就对了!

分享到