大家说英语(MP3+中英字幕) 第424期:大暴风雨(2)
日期:2018-07-03 15:11

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Now let's hear from our weatherman. Ben, what's the weather like outside?
罗布:接下来,让我们收听一下我们气象员带来的报道。本,外边的天气怎么样?
Ben: We're having a big storm. The power is out in some areas of town. And there are floods on some roads.
本:外面有一场大暴风雨。城市里一些地区停电了。一些道路上也出现了洪水。
Rob: So you should avoid those roads?
罗布:所以应该避免前往这些道路是吧?
Ben: Yes. Don't drive through the water. You don't know how deep it is.
本:是的。不要把车子开入水中。你不知道水还有多深。
Rob: Your car could stop.
罗布:汽车会停下来的。
Ben: Yes. And that can be dangerous.
本:是的。那样就危险了。

大家说英语 暴风雨

Conversation B
对话B
Rob: What's the wind speed right now, Ben?
罗布:本,现在的风速是多少?
Ben: It's blowing about 50 miles per hour. Everyone should watch out for falling tree branches.
本:大约是每小时50英里。所有人都应该留心掉落的树枝。
Rob: And falling trees!
罗布:还有倒下来的树!
Ben: Yes. And other things. A strong wind can blow a lot of things around.
本:没错。还有其他东西。一股强风可以把很多东西吹起来的。
Rob: I'm glad we're not having a typhoon!
罗布:我很庆幸我们没有赶上台风!
Ben: True. The wind is much stronger in a typhoon. I'm glad we don't have them here!
本:是的。台风的风力更强。我很庆幸我们这里没有台风!

Conversation C
对话C
Susie: Did you have any trouble getting to work today, Taylor?
苏西:泰勒,你今天上班路上遇到什么阻碍了吗?
Taylor: No. The storm wasn't too bad when I left for work.
泰勒:没有。我上班时暴风雨并不是很大。
Susie: It's bad now. Listen to the wind!
苏西:现在就很糟了。听听这风声!
Taylor: I'm glad Ben warned everyone about the storm.
泰勒:我很庆幸本之前向所有人警告了这场暴风雨。
Susie: Me, too. The wind is really blowing hard.
苏西:我也是。风刮得真的很大。
Taylor: I hope people who don't have to go out will stay home.
泰勒:我希望那些没别要出来的人,今天就待在家里吧。
Susie: Yes. Too bad we couldn't stay home!
苏西:是的。我们今天不能待在家,这可太糟了!

分享到
重点单词
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • robv. 抢劫,掠夺