大家说英语(MP3+中英字幕) 第425期:不适合饲养的宠物(1)
日期:2018-07-04 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Today, I'm interviewing Anna Wild! She works at the city zoo. Welcome to the show, Anna!
罗布:今天,我们要访问一下安娜·怀尔德!她在城市动物园工作。欢迎来到我们的节目,安娜!
Anna: Thanks, Rob.
安娜:谢谢你,罗布。
Rob: You were on the show last May.
罗布:你去年五月来过我们的节目。
Anna: Yes. And I'm here again!
安娜:是的。这次我又来了!
Rob: I'm glad. Let's discuss animals again!
罗布:我很高兴。让我们再谈一谈动物吧!
Anna: Sure. Can we talk about pets?
安娜:没问题。我们能谈一下宠物吗?
Rob: Pets? Zoo animals aren't pets!
罗布:宠物?动物园里的动物可不是宠物!

不适合饲养的宠物

Conversation B
对话B
Anna: That's right, Rob. Zoo animals aren't pets. But some people keep them as pets.
安娜:没错,罗布。动物园里的动物不是宠物。但是有些人会把它们当做宠物来养。
Rob: Really? Why?
罗布:真的吗?为什么?
Anna: People like exotic pets. But exotic pets are wild animals.
安娜:人们喜欢奇特的宠物。但是奇特的宠物都是野生动物。
Rob: So they make bad pets.
罗布:所以不适合当宠物。
Anna: Yes. People can't look after them. So they give them to us.
安娜:是的。人们照顾不了它们。所以这些宠物就给了我们。
Rob: And you care for them.
罗布:然后你们就照顾它们。
Anna: Yes, that's my job.
安娜:是的,这就是我的工作。

Conversation C
对话C
Rob: What former pets do you have at the zoo?
罗布:在动物园里有哪些是之前被人类所养的宠物?
Anna: We have two tigers and 15 monkeys.
安娜:我们养了两只老虎和十五只猴子。
Rob: Those aren't good pets.
罗布:那些可都不是很适合的宠物。
Anna: Right. They bite. And you can't train them well.
安娜:没错。它们会咬人。而且你也训练不好它们。
Rob: But you can train cats and dogs.
罗布:但是你可以训练猫和狗。
Anna: Yes. Everyone, please don't get exotic pets. Cats and dogs are best!
安娜:是的。各位观众,请不要养一些奇怪的宠物。猫和狗是最好的!

分享到