(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Excuse me, I think this is yours?
不好意思,这是不是您的?
You must have dropped it.
肯定是您掉的。
Would you care for a drink?
想喝点什么吗?
Oh. Water, please.
请来杯水。
Oh, um, same, please.
我也一样。
Um....
呃。
Thank you.
谢谢。
You know, I couldn't help but notice...
你看,我没法不注意到。
but you wouldn't happen to be related to the Maurice Fischer, would you?
你是不是跟著名的马里斯·费舍尔是亲戚?
Yes, he, um....
对,他。
He was my father.
他是家父。
Well, he was a very inspiring figure. I'm sorry for your loss.
他的一生鼓舞人心,节哀顺变。
Here you go. Thank you.
给,谢谢。
Hey.
嘿。
To your father.
敬你父亲。
May he rest in peace, huh?
愿他安息。
妙语佳句
1.care for
关心,照顾;喜欢
Although he didn't usually care for that hoary aphorism, it now seemed to contain a miraculous solution to all his problems.
这一句陈腐的话,虽然平时他并不喜欢,但这时候他却觉得它是解决这一切问题的妙法了!
2.happen to be
碰巧是;恰巧是
If there are Jews who have very high positions in the media or in banking, they are doing it as individuals who happen to be Jewish. They are not doing it as part of some groups.
如果有犹太人在银行和媒体行业中职位很高,但他们也只代表个人,只是碰巧是犹太籍的人而已,他们并不代表一个团体来占领要职。
3.inspiring
adj. 鼓舞人心的;灌输的;启发灵感的
v. 鼓舞;激发;使感悟(inspire的ing形式)
What I hope to see in the future are games used not only for messaging around social change, but also inspiring direct action.
我希望在将来看到这类游戏不仅仅传达社会的变迁,还可以让玩家直接参与到令人振奋的活动中。
4.rest in peace
安息;瞑目
I didn't know anybody, and I didn't know this girl Emily, but may they all rest in peace, and I will keep them in my prayers.
我谁也不认识,我也不认识艾米丽这个女孩,但是,愿他们所有人都能安息,我会为他们祈祷。
考考你
翻译
1.想喝点什么吗?
2.You wouldn't happen to be related to the Maurice Fischer, would you?
上期答案
1.你真的以为这样就能困得住她?
2.The team needs someone who understands what you're struggling with.