《盗梦空间》视听讲解第20期:梦中梦 刮目相看
日期:2012-08-30 19:45

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

So leave me and go. You don't seem to understand, Mr. Saito.
放了我,你走吧,你似乎还不明白,齐藤先生。  
That corporation that hired us, they won't accept failure.
雇我们的公司是不会容忍失败的。  
We won't last two days.
我们撑不过两天。  
Cobb?
柯布?  
Looks like I'm gonna have to do this a little more simply.
看来我要化繁为简了。  
Tell us what you know! Tell us what you know, now!
把你知道的告诉我们!现在就说!  
I've always hated this carpet.
我一直讨厌这块地毯。  
It's stained and frayed in such distinctive ways.
它有独特的污点和破损。  
But very definitely made of wool.
但绝对是羊毛制品。  
Right now...
现在。 
I'm lying on polyester.
我是躺在涤纶上。  
Which means I'm not lying on my carpet, in my apartment.
这说明我并不是躺在我家的地毯上。  
You have lived up to your reputation, Mr. Cobb.
果然名不虚传,柯布先生。  
I'm still dreaming.
我还在梦里。  
How'd it go? Not good.
情况如何?不妙。  
Dream within a dream, huh? I'm impressed.
梦中梦是吧?让我刮目相看啊。  
But in my dream, you play by my rules.
但在我的梦里,就要遵守我的规则。  
Ah, yes, but you see, Mr. Saito...
是的,但你看,齐藤先生。  
We're not in your dream.
我们并不是在你的梦里。  
We're in mine.
而是我的。  
Asshole. How do you mess up the carpet?
混蛋,地毯怎么搞错了?  
It wasn't my fault. You're the architect.
不是我的错,你是筑梦师。  
I didn't know he was gonna rub his cheek on it!
我又不知道他会把脸贴上去蹭!
That's enough.
够了。  
You. What the hell was all that?
你,这都是怎么回事?  
I have it under control. I'd hate to see you out of control.
我控制得了局面,你失控就不好了。  
We don't have time for this. I'm getting off at Kyoto.
我们没时间了,我要在东京下车。  
He's not gonna check every compartment.
他不会查看每节车厢的。  
Yeah, well, I don't like trains.
好吧,我不喜欢火车。  
Listen. Every man for himself.
听着,自己保重吧。

妙语佳句
1.corporation
公司;法人(团体);社团;大腹便便;市政当局
Three companies were amalgamated into a corporation.
三家商号被合并成一家公司。
2.carpet
vt. 在…上铺地毯,把地毯铺在…上;斥责
n. 地毯;地毯状覆盖物
There is only one bed in the room, so one of them has to improvise on the carpet.
房间里只有一张床,所以他们中得有一人必须凑合睡在地毯上。
3.distinctive
有特色的,与众不同的
During the festival and celebration, you can appreciate the music and dance with distinctive features.
在过节和庆祝日期间,你可以欣赏到这些与众不同的地方特色。
4.definitely
清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地
While this news is definitely not too good to be true, there are, of course, a couple of caveats.
当这个消息明确地出现,似乎好到不像是真是的,它是,当然,一对夫妇中止了诉讼的申请。
5.live up to
不辜负;做到;实践
I trust the Chinese government will live up to its pledge (about pollution levels), because if not it will be very embarrassing for them.
我相信中国政府此前作出的关于减少污染的承诺,因为如果他们没有做到,这就是将自己陷入窘况。
6.mess up
陷入困境;搞糟
One of the main reasons people mess up their lives is that they have no godly friends to give them feedback.
使人们生活陷入困境的一个主要原因就是他们没有一个敬虔的朋友给他们意见反馈。
考考你
翻译
1.它有独特的污点和破损。  
2.我又不知道他会把脸贴上去蹭! 
上期答案
1.You left out a key piece of information, didn't you?
2.We extracted every bit of information you had in there.

分享到
重点单词
  • distinctiveadj. 独特的
  • wooln. 羊毛,毛线,毛织品
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • architectn. 建筑师
  • pledgen. 保证,誓言,抵押,抵押品 vt. 保证,发誓,以
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • corporationn. 公司,法人,集团
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的