《盗梦空间》视听讲解第38期:想法会长成信念
日期:2012-10-14 21:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You know how to find me.
你知道怎么找我。  
You know what you have to do.
你知道你要做什么。  
Sharp, no?
犀利吧?
Are you all right, Mr. Cobb?
你还好吗,柯布先生?  
Yeah, yeah. Everything's just fine.
是的,我没事。  
Robert Fischer, heir to the Fischer Morrow energy conglomerate.
罗伯特·费舍尔 "费舍尔翌日能源集团"的继承人。  
What's your problem with this Mr. Fischer?
你看费舍尔先生哪儿不顺眼?  
That's not your concern.
跟你有什么关系。  
Mr. Saito, this isn't your typical corporate espionage.
齐藤先生,这不是普通的商业间谍活动。
You asked me for inception.

你让我奠基。  
I do hope you understand the gravity of that request.
我真心希望你明白这事的严重性。  
Now, the seed that we plant in this man's mind will grow into an idea.
我们在他脑中植入的想法会长成信念。  
This idea will define him.
这个信念会限制他。  
It may come to change....
它可能会改变。 
Well, it may come to change everything about him.
它可能会改变他的一切。  
We're the last company standing between them and total energy dominance.
只有我们能阻止他们垄断整个能源行业。  
And we can no longer compete.
我们已经丧失竞争力了。  
Soon, they'll control the energy supply of half the world.
很快,他们将控制世界上一半的能源供给。  
In effect, they become a new superpower.
结果是,他们会变成新的超级大国。  
The world needs Robert Fischer to change his mind.
全世界也需要罗伯特·费舍尔改变心意。  
That's where we come in.
这是我们的出发点。  
How is Robert Fischer's relationship with his father?
罗伯特·费舍尔跟他父亲的关系如何?  
Rumor is the relationship is quite complicated.
有传言说他们的关系很复杂。  
Well, we can't work based solely on rumor, can we?
我们不能根据传言就开工,是不是?  
Can you get me access to this man here? Browning.
你能接触到这个人吗?布朗宁。  
Fischer Senior's right-hand man. Fischer Junior's godfather.
老费舍尔的左右手,小费舍尔的教父。  
It should be possible, if you can get the right references.
这有可能,如果你有合适的资源的话。

妙语佳句
1.conglomerate
n. [岩] 砾岩;企业集团;聚合物
adj. 成团的;砾岩性的
vt. 使聚结;凝聚成团
Hanlong Mining, founded in 2009, has mining assets in China, the US and Australia. It is owned by the large private conglomerate Sichuan Hanlong.
成立于2009年的汉龙矿业,在中国、美国和澳大利亚拥有采矿资产。其母公司是大型私有企业集团四川汉龙。
2.corporate
法人的;共同的,全体的;社团的
Without them we would have to keep whatever we use as money under the mattress or in corporate storerooms.
如果没有银行,不管我们用什么作为货币,我们都只能将它们放在床垫下面或企业的贮藏室内。
3.gravity
重力,地心引力;严重性;庄严
From the expressions on their faces, I realized the gravity of the situation.
从他们的脸部表情我晓悟到事情的严重性。
4.in effect
实际上;生效;事实上
It would, in effect, partially default not on its debts but on its obligations to society.
实际上,它不会使得政府产生部分债务违约,而是会加重其社会负担。
5.rumor
n. 谣言;传闻
vt. 谣传;传说
Amid all the rumor, speculation and nonsense, only you know for certain what you think and feel.
在各种流言、猜测和无稽之谈中,只有你了解自己的真实想法和感受。
考考你
翻译
1.我真心希望你明白这事的严重性。
2.只有我们能阻止他们垄断整个能源行业。
上期答案
1.After a while, it becomes the only way you can dream.
2.The dream has become their reality.

分享到
重点单词
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • espionagen. 间谍活动
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • conglomerateadj. 密集而固结的,成簇的 n. 联合企业,密集体,
  • definev. 定义,解释,限定,规定
  • dominancen. 支配(控制,统治,权威,优势)
  • rumorn. 谣言,传闻 vt. 谣传
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • defaultn. 假设值,默认(值), 不履行责任,缺席 v. 默认