(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
The vultures are circling.
秃鹰在盘旋。
And the sicker Maurice fischer becomes...
马里斯·费舍尔病得越重。
the more powemul Peter Browning becomes.
彼得·布朗宁的权力就越大。
I've had ample opportunity to observe Browning...
我有足够的机会观察布朗宁。
and adopt his physical presence,
学习他的仪表神态。
study his mannerisms, and so on and so forth.
研究他的癖好,如此这般。
So now in the first layer of the dream, I can impersonate Browning.
所以在头层梦里,我可以模仿布朗宁。
And suggest concepts to Fischer's conscious mind.
对费舍尔的显意识进行暗示。
Then, when we take him a level deeper...
之后,我们带他到更深一层的梦中。
his own projection of Browning should feed that right back to him.
他对布朗宁的投射应该马上会给他回馈。
So he gives himself the idea.
让他自己产生这想法。
Precisely. That's the only way it will stick.
不错,这是唯一行得通的办法。
It has to seem self-generated.
一定得是他自己想出的。
Eames, I am impressed.
埃姆斯,我被你震住了。
Your condescension, as always, is much appreciated, Arthur, thank you.
像以前一样,谢谢你的自大,亚瑟。
Were you going under on your own?
你要自己入梦吗?
No, no, I was just, uh, running some experiments.
不,我只是 ,呃,做个实验。
I didn't realize anyone was here, so....
我没看到别人在,所以。
Yeah, I was just I was working on my totem, actually.
是的,我其实是在做我的图腾。
Here, let me take a look.
给我看看。
So you're learning, huh?
学到不少嘛,哈?
An elegant solution for keeping track of reality.
以优雅的方式跟随现实。
妙语佳句
1.vulture
n. 秃鹰,秃鹫;贪婪的人
A turkey-like bird with a vulture's head, the vulturine guineafowl makes its home in the dry grasslands of northeast Africa.
这只样子像火鸡的鸟长着个秃鹫头,它的名字叫做鹫珠鸡,生活在非洲东北部干旱的草原上。
2.physical presence
实体存在;实际存在
That is partly because the required skills are scarce in India, and partly because a physical presence is needed for some tasks, especially in consulting.
这在一定程度上是因为这一业务需要的技能在印度是稀缺的,在一定程度上业因为要完成某些任务,需要实体的存在尤其是咨询业。
3.impersonate
vt. 扮演;模仿;拟人,人格化
To test their procedures, they needed a man and a woman to impersonate a married couple for multiple sessions.
为了测试他们的流程,他们在很多时候需要一个男人和一个女人来模仿已婚夫妇。
4.self-generated
自己生长的;自己发生的;发自内心的
Your thoughts are still moving in and out of your consciousness, but you do not feel controlled by them.
你的想法仍然在你的意识中进进出出,但是你并不觉得被这些想法控制。
5.keep track of
记录;与…保持联系;跟踪
Good notes help you keep track of your thoughts, and they can be an invaluable aid in the event that you or your organization is sued because of an unpopular hiring decision.
好的笔记能够帮你记录下你的想法,同时当你和组织因为聘用决定不为人所接受而遭到控告时,笔记会是种宝贵的援助。
考考你
翻译
1.他对布朗宁的投射应该马上会给他回馈。
2.以优雅的方式跟随现实。
上期答案
1.Shall we voice your concerns with Maurice directly?
2.We need to talk about a power of attorney.