(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Do you really think that that's gonna contain her?
你真的以为这样就能困得住她?
It's time.
到时间了。
Maurice Fischer just died in Sydney.
马里斯·费舍尔刚在悉尼死了。
When's the funeral? Thursday. In Los Angeles.
葬礼是什么时候?周二,在洛杉矶。
Robert should accompany the body no later than Tuesday. We should move.
罗伯特在周二之前会将尸体运回,我们该行动了。
All right.
好的。
Cobb, I'm coming with you. I promised Miles. No.
柯布,我跟你去,我答应过玛尔斯,不行。
The team needs someone who understands what you're struggling with.
队里需要有人知道你在经受怎样的挣扎
And it doesn't have to be me...
这个人不必是我。
...but then you have to show Arthur what I just saw.
那你就要告诉亚瑟我刚刚看到的。
Get us another seat on the plane.
飞机上多留个位子。
If I get on this plane and you don't honor our agreement...
如果我上了这航班,你又不守承诺。
when we land, I go to jail for the rest of my life.
我们着陆后,我就要到监狱过我的下半辈子。
Complete the job en route...
在途中把事情办好的话。
I make one phone call from the plane...
我在飞机上打个电话。
you have no trouble getting through Immigration.
你就可以顺利入境了。
妙语佳句
1.contain
vt. 包含;控制;容纳;牵制(敌军)
vi. 含有;自制
This aspect and its parent, Tracing, contain all the tracing implementation logic, but no information about what should be traced.
这个方面以及它的根源,追踪,包含所有的追踪执行逻辑,但是却没有包含应该追踪什么的信息。
2.funeral
n. 葬礼;麻烦事
adj. 丧葬的,出殡的
The spokesman would not reveal any details about the location or time of the funeral.
这位发言人不愿再透露有关葬礼地点和时间的任何细节。
3.no later than
adv. 不迟于;不晚于
The Pentagon also said it would release the names of the servicemen killed in the incident no later than Thursday morning.
五角大楼还说,它将在不晚于周四上午的时间公布事件中阵亡军人的姓名。
4.struggle with
与…斗争;与…打架
Many of the people I meet, and my clients, struggle with this, too.
我遇到的很多人,包括我的顾客,也为此而与自己的良心做着斗争。
5.immigration
n. 外来移民;移居
The need to choose how to adapt to the future highlights the choices—about town planning, or forestry, or coastal defences, or immigration—that have shaped the present.
如何去适应未来的这种需要突出了选择的重要,有关城市规划、林业管理、海岸防御和移居,这些都造就了现在的局面。
翻译
1.Do you really think that that's gonna contain her?
2.队里需要有人知道你在经受怎样的挣扎
上期答案
1.How can it not matter to you where that train will take you?
2.This is a hotel suite where we used to spend our anniversary.