听电影《超完美男人》学英语第52期:在和某人恋爱?
日期:2012-09-02 15:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Ladies and gentlemen, five minutes.
女士们,先生们,5分钟。  
Five minutes. We'll be commencing in five minutes.
再过5分钟,我们5分钟后宣布结果。  
First place goes to Number 73, Jean Hamilton.
第一名是73号, 简·汉密儿顿。 
You did it, Mommy!
我赢了,妈妈!  
Yeah, that's Mom.
对,那是我妈妈。 
Where? The second one?
在哪儿?第二个人?  
Yeah, I heard that you can find...
我听说这里可以买到。  
Hi, may I help you?
嗨,想要些什么?  
the best fudge brownies in the world here.
世界上最好吃的软糖核仁巧克力饼。
We try.
我们会努力的。  
I'll take this.
我来吧。  
Ben. Hi.
本,嗨。  
On the house.
算我的。 
No, I have to pay you somehow.
不行,我一定要付点什么给你。  
How about dinner?
一起晚餐怎么样?  
I don't even know you.
我甚至都不认识你。  
Well, I don't know about that.
我也不知道那件事。  
Thank you. That is very sweet.
谢谢。 很感谢你请我。  
But I don't think so.
但是我不能去。  
Are you dating someone? Actually, no.
你在和某人恋爱? 实际上,不是。  
For the first time in my life, I'm not.
我一生中第一次,没有。  
And, and I think I should stay this
我想我要保持这种方式。 
I see. Yeah.
我懂了。  
until I get my feet back on the ground.
直到我的双脚回到陆地上。  
It's nothing personal. No, of course not.
我不是特意的,当然。  
I recommend it.
我希望是下次。  
Yeah, clean-out-the-closet sort of thing.  
清理下壁橱之类的东西。
You know, get my head together and...
让我一并返还,并且。 
It's a.
好主意。  
Exactly.
正确。

妙语佳句
1.commence
vt. 开始;着手
vi. 使……开始;使……得学位
This future is not fixed, but it is a destination that can be reached if we pursue a sustained dialogue like the one that you will commence today, and act on what we hear and what we learn.
未来并非一定如此,但是,如果我们坚持进行像今天即将开始的对话,并基于我们听到和学到的内容行事,这应当是一个能够达到的目标。
2.first place
第一名;一等奖;科举时代对乡试第一名的美称
Again, it all depends on the type of relationship you set out to have in the first place.
当然,这完全取决于你们的这段咨询顾问关系是以什么样的形式开始的。
3.fudge brownies
奶油朱古力方块;软糖核仁巧克力饼
4.nothing personal
与个人无关;不是特意的
Meanwhile, I was formulating a theory about love: it's nothing personal. Love is generic.
同时,我得出一个关于爱情的结论:爱情无关个人。
5.clean out
清除,打扫干净
People can also cause a blockage when they try to clean out their ears, but only push the wax deeper inside.
人们试图清洁他们的耳朵时也可能造成阻碍,但这只发生于他们将耳垢推入耳朵更深处时。
考考你
翻译
1.世界上最好吃的软糖核仁巧克力饼。 
2.直到我的双脚回到陆地上。 
上期答案
1.I know how tempting it is to run away when that happens.
2.I'm going to try showing you what sticking it out looks like.

分享到
重点单词
  • genericadj. 一般的,普通的,共有的,没有商标的 n. 无商
  • pursuev. 追捕,追求,继续从事
  • destinationn. 目的地,终点,景点
  • blockagen. 封锁,妨碍
  • sustainedadj. 持久的,经久不衰的
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎
  • commencev. 开始,着手,获得学位
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • waxn. 蜡,蜂蜡 vt. (用蜡)涂 vi. 变大,增大