听电影《超完美男人》学英语第36期:分散注意力
日期:2012-08-14 09:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Where?
在哪儿?
Yeah? Ben.
你好?本。  
Yeah? We got big problems down here.
什么?我们这里有大麻烦了。
Huge, massive. What?
大麻烦,什么?
The pilot light on that big thing that cooks the food? It's out again.
母火把炉子烧着了?它又坏了。  
No, it can't be broken. I just bought it two months ago.
不,不可能坏的,我才买了两个星期。
Ben, I am telling you, the only gas I'm smelling is coming from Pablo.
本,我告诉你,我现在只能闻到帕布鲁的味道。
Okay.
好。  
Calm down. I'm coming right now. Goodbye.
冷静,我马上就过来,再见。
Holly, I got a problem at the restaurant, so I have to go.
郝莉,我的餐厅有点麻烦了,所以我现在马上要赶过去。
No, you can't! Why not?
不,你不能去!为什么不能?  
I mean, can I come? Yeah, why not? Come on.
我是说,我能不能去?可以,为什么不?来吧。  
I've got to go to the bathroom really bad.
我必须去厕所,很急。  
Yeah, well, go.
好,去吧。  
There's the bathroom there, but hurry up.
厕所在那里,不过快点。  
Right there through that door.
就是那扇门。  
I love this.
我喜欢这个。  
You have got to be kidding me.
你们一定是在和我开玩笑。 
This isn't going to cover anything.
这件什么也遮不住。  
That's exactly the point.
这正是重点。  
Houston, we have a problem.
休斯顿,我们有麻烦了。  
What kind? The very, very bad kind.
哪种?非常,非常糟糕的那种。  
He's on his way to the restaurant now.
他现在正在去餐厅的路上。  
Oh, my God! What do we do?
噢,我的天!我们该怎么办?  
Create a distraction. A really, really big one.
分散注意,真正的能分散注意的事物。  
I'll see you there. Bye.
我们在那里见,再见。  
Do we have to take a cab? I hate cabs.
我们必须乘坐出租吗?我不喜欢。  
Maybe we should walk. What are you, crazy?
也许我们该走着去吗,你怎么了,疯了吗?  
We're going to the River Bistro. I get carsick.
我们要去河流小酒馆吗,我晕车。

妙语佳句
1.down here
往这里来;这里
And reading off the composition of the liquid down here.
沿着这条线向下可以读出液体成分。
2.light on
偶然遇见(碰见,发现);停落于;点灯;点着
The radiance and charm of the bewitching Marian sheds light on everyone she loves and betrays, her fate as troubling and inevitable as the passing of time, and the passing of love.
迷人的玛丽安身上具有的光辉和魅力照亮了每一个她爱的以及背叛的人,她的命运有如时间的推移、爱情的流逝一般令人困扰却又无从逃避。
3.have got to
必须;不得不;一定是
You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
你可以不喜欢他,但你不得不佩服他那种坚韧不拔的精神。
4.Create a distraction
创建一个分心;分散注意力
And definitely don't eat, drink, chew gum or do anything else that would hamper your speech or create a distraction.
并且绝对不要吃喝、嚼口香糖或者做其他可能妨碍到你说话、分心的事。
5.take a cab
乘出租车;打的
Each morning they made the journey together, and Mark would take a cab back to his office.
每天早晨他们一起乘车走完这段路,然后马克再乘出租车返回办公室。
考考你
翻译:
1.本,我告诉你,我现在只能闻到帕布鲁的味道。    
2.你们一定是在和我开玩笑。
上期答案:
1.This is the most amazing kitchen I've ever seen in my whole entire life.
2.I know someone that would just kill for this kitchen.

分享到
重点单词
  • pilotn. 飞行员,领航员,引航员 vt. 领航,驾驶,向导
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • inevitableadj. 不可避免的,必然(发生)的
  • charmn. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌 v. (使)陶醉,(使)
  • persistencen. 坚持,毅力
  • liquidadj. 液体的,液态的 n. 液体
  • hampern. 大篮子 vt. 阻止,妨碍
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • chewvt. 咀嚼,嚼碎,损坏 vi. 咀嚼 n. 咀嚼,咀嚼
  • compositionn. 作文,著作,组织,合成物,成份