听电影《超完美男人》学英语第23期:拼字游戏比赛
日期:2012-07-29 09:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hi.
嗨。  
Where did her troops go?
她的军队去哪里了?  
She needed some quiet time...
她需要安静一下。
to think things out.
来思考一些问题。
What kind of things?
什么样的问题?
Well, you know, like what her next step is.
你看,比如她下一步该怎么做。  
You know, whether she's going to form...
或者她会和王子组成。
a powerful alliance with a prince or go it alone.
强有力的联盟,又或者单打独斗。
Which is she gonna choose?
她会选哪个?  
I think she's going to go with the prince.
我觉得她会和王子结盟。  
Really? Oh, yeah.
真的? 噢,对。  
He's kind of a great guy, you know.
你看,他是一个好人。  
He's handsome. He's very nice.
他很英俊。他很棒。  
And the thing with the...
还有。
Jousting. Jousting. Yes.
马背决斗。对,马背决斗。
You should see him joust. He is like Joe Jouster.
你应该看看他在马背上的表现。他就好象乔依·决斗者。
Any time that anybody ever wants to hang out with him...
任何时候有人要向他挑战时。
he's like "Guys, I can't. I've gotta practice my jousting."
他总是说:“伙计,我没空,我要练习我的马背决斗术。”
Do you want to sit?
你想坐下吗? 
No.
不。  
I thought you weren't much of a planner.
我以为你不是那种会安排时间表的人。  
Yeah. Right.
对,你说的对。  
Holly? Do you think we're going to stay here?
郝莉? 你认为我们会待在这儿吗?  
I don't know. Why?
我不知道,为什么这么问?  
There's a big spelling bee coming up with all the other schools.
各个学校间将会举行一次拼字比赛。
My teacher entered me.
老师推荐我参加。  
I bet you're going to win that. You're the best speller I know.
我打赌你会赢的,你是我见过的最会拼字的人。  
Yeah. Only, it's not for a couple of months.
对,除非,我们在这里没待上几个月就走了。 
Well, you never know, we might still be here.
你永远都不会知道,我们可能到时候还在这儿。  
I hope so. I've never entered anything.
我希望是,我从未参加过任何比赛。

妙语佳句
1.alliance
联盟,联合;联姻
Seen from this angle, science, communication and diplomacy can form an important alliance, particularly in the context of development aid.
从这个角度看来,科学、传播和外交可以形成一个重要的联盟,特别是在发展援助的背景下。
2.go it alone
单干;独自过活
It is an important question to ask to determine if your child is ready to go it alone.
对于决定你的孩子是否准备好独自上网而言,这的确是一个重要的问题。
3.joust
n. 竞技;厮打
vi. 进行马上长矛比武;竞争
What happened: In the summer of 1559 King Henry II of France (older one) lined up to joust the Comte de Montgomery (young lion), six years his junior, on the fields of France (field of combat).
事件:1995年夏天,法国国王亨利二世(年长的)在法国战场排队等待一场竞技比赛,他的对手是比他小6岁的伯爵蒙哥马利(小狮子)。
4.hang out with
与…出去玩;与…闲逛;在文中表示"向某某挑战"的意思。
During breaks, I like to hang out with my friends in the school yard.
在课间休息时间,我喜欢和我的朋友们在学校的操场上玩儿。
5.much of
称得上;了不起的
take much count of
很重视
考考你
翻译:
1.我以为你不是那种会安排时间表的人。   
2.各个学校间将会举行一次拼字比赛。      
上期答案:
1.Except she's totally going to recognize my handwriting.
2.What if she's into word games?

分享到
重点单词
  • diplomacyn. 外交
  • plannern. 计划者,规划师
  • combatn. 争斗,战斗 vt. 打斗 vi. 战斗,与 ...
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景