听电影《超完美男人》学英语第8期:呼吸新的空气
日期:2012-07-11 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Well, I got you to laugh, right? That's Step One.
我引你笑了,对吗?那是“第一步”。
I'm Lenny Horton. I'm the bread manager.
我是莱尼·豪敦。面包部经理。  
I make, you know, the bread.
我是,做面包的。  
We got Italian bread, French bread, bulky rolls.
我们有意大利面包,法国面包,大面包卷。
different kinds of kaiser rolls, pita bread.
各种各样的德国面包,皮塔面包。
You like pita bread? I'm Jean.
你喜欢皮塔面包吗? 我是简。
This is my daughter, Holly.
这是我的女儿,郝莉。  
Hey, how you doing, Holly?
嘿,你好吗,郝莉?  
Great, and I think we gotta go before you learn Step Two.
很好,我认为在你知道“第二步”是什么之前,我们该走了。  
Lenny, tell me you didn't use the heaven line.
莱尼,告诉我你没有使用天堂的把戏。
First days at new schools always feel the same.
新学校的第一天总是感觉差不多。
Like suddenly you're on a new planet, breathing a new atmosphere.
就好象突然你来到了一个新的星球上,呼吸着新的空气。
Can you scan this into Match.com?
你能把这个扫描到Match.com网站上去吗?  
Mom, I'm busy.
妈妈,我现在在忙。  
Doing what?
在忙什么?  
Do you have to do this right away?
你现在必须马上就做吗?  
Can't you just wait this time.
这次你就不能等一等。  
and see if you meet a guy the normal way?
看看是否能够通过正常途径认识一个男人?  
Have you seen these lines?
你看到这些皱纹了吗?  
I am in a race against time.
我在和时间赛跑。  
Now get on in there and scan this thing.
现在快去帮我扫描照片。  
Every second counts. Tick-tock, tick-tock.
以秒记数。 滴嗒,滴嗒。  
If a student brings a cell phone to school, it will be confiscated.
如果学生把手机带入学校,将会被充公。  
Excuse me. I don't even know why we're here.
对不起,我甚至不知道我们为什么会在这里。  
regardless of how.
不管。 
It's not like they're going to be my teachers four months from now.
好象他们四个月后不是我的老师似的。  
That's negative imaging, Holly.
那是消极的想法,郝莉。

妙语佳句
1.scan
扫描、浏览、查看
scan into
把...扫描进...
例如:
So, once I've paid the bills, I scan them into Evernote – then I can search for a month's bill, or a particular transaction, if an issue ever comes up.
所以,我一旦我需要支付账单的时候,我将它们扫描到Evernote - 之后我就可以搜索每个月的账单,或者当问题出现时,搜索特定的账单。
Do you want to copy or scan it into an image?
你念要复印还是扫描成图像?
2.right away
立刻、马上、即刻
例如:
But if you're out, you can have it lock right away.
但如果你外出了,你可以将它设为立刻锁定。
I'm not saying that everyone should throw away hopes of real romance right away.
我不是说每个人都要立刻放弃对于真实爱情的希望。
3.I am in a race against time.
我在和时间赛跑。
 in a race
在...比赛中
例如:
Extreme: Left, relay teams scale one of the towers in a race commemorating the opening yesterday.
不可思议:上图,开幕式当天,几支接力队伍在其中的一座塔楼上比赛攀登,为庆典助兴;
Extreme: Left, relay teams scale one of the towers in a race commemorating the opening yesterday.
不可思议:上图,开幕式当天,几支接力队伍在其中的一座塔楼上比赛攀登,为庆典助兴;
4.confiscate
vt. 没收;充公;查抄
adj. 被没收的
此外"sequestrate, expropriate"也有这个意思。
例如:
In serious cases, his fishing gear may also be confiscated.
情节严重,并可以没收渔具。
When the union refused to pay its fine, an order was made to sequestrate the union's assets but it was found that they had been transferred abroad.
当全国矿工工会拒绝支付罚款时,法院命令扣押该工会的资产,但法院发现工会资产已被转移到国外。
考考你:
翻译:
1.莱尼,告诉我你没有使用天堂的把戏。
2.如果学生把手机带入学校,将会被充公。
上期答案:
1.What you gotta do is sign my enrollment form.
2.Don't embarrass her.I've known her for so long.

分享到
重点单词
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • gearn. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具 v. 使适应于,以齿轮
  • planetn. 行星
  • confiscatev. 没收,充公,查抄
  • extremeadj. 极度的,极端的 n. 极端,极限
  • transactionn. 交易,处理,办理,事务 (复)transactio
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定
  • relayvt. 中继,用继电器控制,接替,传递 n. 替班人,接
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目