听电影《超完美男人》学英语第50期:爱情是火堆上的友情
日期:2012-08-31 13:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I heard once that...
我有一次听说...  
love is friendship on fire.
爱情是火堆上的友情。  
That's how I feel about you.
那就是我对你的感受。  
Do you really have to go?
你真的必须要走吗? 
Holly, guess what? I get to be in a spelling bee.
郝莉,知道吗? 我要参加拼字大赛了。
What are you doing? Unpacking.
你在干什么? 开包。  
Yeah, but why?
对,但是为什么?  
I thought that we all agreed that it was time for a new adventure.
我以为我们达成共识,现在是开始新的冒险的时候了。  
This is our new adventure. Staying is our new adventure.
这就是新的冒险。留下就是新的冒险。  
What?
什么?  
Why can't you ever do anything that I want?
你为什么不能做一件我想要做的事情呢?  
I want to be alone.
我想一个人待一会儿。  
Nobody wants to be alone. I do.
没人想要一个待。 我想。  
Okay, I'm through with these people and I want new ones.
好吧,我厌烦了这些家伙们了,我想要结交新的人们。  
Unfortunately, honey pie, new people are only new for a day.
不幸的是,宝贝,新的人们只是一时之新。

妙语佳句
1.on fire
着火;起火;在兴头上;非常激动
Late at night, after a few drinks, he was on fire, talking about how we could get a percentage of each purchase from civic-minded companies to help change the world.
在小酌了几杯后,Bono变得非常激动,他和我谈起我们要用什么方法让那些具备公益心的企业拿出销售收入的一小部分来帮助改变整个世界。
2.spelling bee
拼字比赛会;拼字游戏大赛
We all know most of the recent national spelling bee winners have been home schooled children.
我们都知道最近大部分的国家拼写比赛赢家都是在家接受教育的孩子。
3.unpack
vt. 卸下…;解除…的负担
vi. 打开包裹
But you do see something similar going on in physicists' attempts to unpack the composition of the universe.
但是你可以在物理学家试图解密宇宙组成的努力上看到相似之处。
4.be through with
完成;结束,在文中表示厌烦、讨厌的意思
How can I be through with such a whole bunch of books in ten days?
十天内怎么才能看完这么一大摞书啊?
考考你
翻译
1.我有一次听说爱情是火堆上的友情。  
2.我以为我们达成共识,现在是开始新的冒险的时候了。 
上期答案
1.And tell her she only saw one side of the drawing.
2.And you want to end up like your mom?

分享到
重点单词
  • adventuren. 冒险,奇遇 vt. 冒险,尝试 vi. 大胆进行,
  • purchasevt. 买,购买 n. 购买,购买的物品 n. 支
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • compositionn. 作文,著作,组织,合成物,成份