听电影《超完美男人》学英语第46期:原来是一场误会
日期:2012-08-23 09:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You know what, you guys?
你们看?  
I'm looking for the Silverman wedding.
我找的是银婚典礼。  
Sorry. Carry on. My bad.
对不起,你们继续吧,我的错。  
David, I'm so sorry.
戴维,对不起。 
Son, are you all right?
儿子,你还好吧? 
Holly!
郝莉!  
I'm sorry. I made a mistake, okay?
我很抱歉,我错了,好了吗?  
Well, that's just the understatement of the year.
你没有把所有的事情都说出来。  
What are you thinking?
你在想些什么?
I thought you were the one marrying Amber.
我以为要娶安贝儿的人是你。  
Me? Lance said.
我,兰斯说的。
No! Amber's one of my dearest friends.
不!安贝儿是我最好的朋友之一。  
I'm catering her wedding.
我正在帮他筹办婚礼。  
What's left of it.
余下的部分呢。  
What are you doing? Read these.
你在干什么?看看这个。
No, that's not an answer. Yes, it is.
不,这不是答案,是的。  
If you'd just read these e-mails, you'll see.
如果你读了这些 e-mail,你就会知道。  
There's someone that you need to meet.
你需要去见某人。  
Hi, Mom. What are you doing here?
嗨,妈妈,你在这里干什么?  
I didn't want you to think you'd been stood up.
我本不希望让你觉得自己被耍了。  
He's not coming. What?
他不会来了,什么?
How do you know? How did you even know I was here?
你怎么知道的?你又是怎么知道我在这里的?
I know, because....
我知道,是因为。
Because?
因为什么?  
Because I made him up.
因为是我把他捏造出来的。  
What?
什么?  
The flowers and the letters and the e-mails and everything.
花,信,e-mail 和所有的一切都是捏造的。

妙语佳句
1.carry on
继续;从事;坚持下去
Airports and stockmarkets have been closed, but there is an urgent desire to return to normality, to carry on and not be cowed.
机场和股票交易市场被关闭,但是人们仍希望一切都回到正轨,去进行正常的生活而不是被恐吓。
2.understatement
保守的陈述;不充分的陈述;有保留的陈述
To say that not everybody agrees with this theory would be an understatement.
说并非所有人都赞同这一理论,是客气的说法。
3.cater
投合,迎合;满足需要;提供饮食及服务;备餐
You do not, I repeat, do NOT have to cater to the whims of your local PTA.
我重复声明,你不需要去迎合你当地家庭教师协会的幻想。
4.be stood up
白等了;被耍
5.make up
弥补;组成;化妆;整理;编造;弥补
They'll do all they can to make up the economic losses.
他们要尽一切力量弥补这些经济损失。
考考你
翻译:
1.我以为要娶安贝儿的人是你。     
2.我本不希望让你觉得自己被耍了。
上期答案:
1.You might not even know it yet, but you will once you read these.
2.Without even meeting her, you picked out her favorite song.

分享到
重点单词
  • understatementn. 少说,有保留地陈述,轻描淡写
  • caterv. 备办食物,迎合,满足
  • normalityn. 常态 =normalcy(美)