听电影《超完美男人》学英语第12期:送花真能奏效吗?
日期:2012-07-18 10:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hi, Holly. Nice to meet you.
嗨,郝莉,很高兴见到你。
This is Holly. Hi.
这是郝莉。嗨。
Why wouldn't she be mad?
她为什么会没发疯?
Well, there's only one thing you can do:flowers.
你只有一件事情可以做:送花。
And you can't go cheap, either. Nope.
你还不能送廉价的。不。
A dozen, long-stemmed.
一打(12枝),长茎的。
He knows about females.
他了解女性。
He knows more about females than I know about females.
他比我更了解女性。
In my opinion, roses always work, always.
我的意见是,玫瑰总是奏效的,总是。
He doesn't actually believe that,does he?
他不是真的相信吧?  
But who am I to know?
但是谁来告诉我? 
Call me tomorrow and let me know how it worked out.Bye.
明天打电话给我,告诉我是怎么解决的。  
Yes, l do believe that. Don't you?
是的,我确实相信。你不相信吗? 
That flowers always work? Yeah.
送花总是奏效的? 对。  
The flowers aren't going to change anything.
送花什么也改变不了。  
Flowers are just flowers, right?
花只是花,对吗? 
Wow, your friend's so cynical.
喔,你朋友真是愤世嫉俗。  
Sounds like she's not into romance.
听上去她不象是在恋爱中。  
You know what?
你知道吗?  
This is for you. Why?
这是给你的。为什么?  
Because a flower like this is perfect.
因为象这样一朵花是完美的。  
And giving a woman a dozen of them, it's like saying.
送给一位女士一打,就好象在说。  
there is such a thing as perfect.
她是如此的完美。  
And it's out there.
并且她并不属于那里。  
Don't give up. You'll find it.
别放弃,你会找到的。  
Really?
真的?
A yellow rose says all of that?
一朵黄玫瑰能告诉我们那些?  
Actually a yellow rose is for your sick grandma.
实际上一朵黄玫瑰只适合你生病的祖母。
妙语佳句
1.would be
(过去将来时)将;将来时;终归会来
原文
Why wouldn't she be mad?
她为什么会没发疯?
例如:
Then he hit on an idea that would be acceptable to bothof us.
后来,他忽然想出一个我们双方都会接受的方法。
2.roses always work
玫瑰总是奏效的
work在这表示起作用、奏效的意思。
例如:
Whether such an approach could be made to work in practice-and if it could, whether it should-are two

other questions.
是否这种方法在实际运用中会起作用,如果它有这种可能,是否将会发挥出来,这是另外两个疑问。
3.cynical
愤世嫉俗的;冷嘲的
例如:
He can be sweet, bitter, nostalgic, or cynical, but he cannot figure out how to be a man.
他可以是甜蜜的、苦涩的、多愁善感的、愤世嫉俗的,但他就是无法成为一个男人。
4.be into romance
恋爱中
romance
传奇;浪漫史;风流韵事;冒险故事
例如:
The researchers found that the red effect was limited to status and romance.
研究人员发现红色的影响仅限于地位和风流韵事。
5.out there
到战场,在那里
例如:
Yeah, I think that there has to be something else out there.
是的,我认为在外星球有一些其他的什么存在。
考考你:
翻译:
1.我的意见是,玫瑰总是奏效的,总是。
2.送花什么也改变不了。  
上期答案:
1.Some guy who's not even good enough to mop her floors.
2.I thought you said you didn't mind all the moving around.

分享到
重点单词
  • nostalgicadj. 怀旧的,乡愁的
  • acceptableadj. 合意的,受欢迎的,可接受的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • cynicaladj. 愤世嫉俗的,吹毛求疵的
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • statusn. 地位,身份,情形,状况