听电影《超完美男人》学英语第11期:河流小酒馆
日期:2012-07-14 10:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

It could have been worse.
本应该更糟的。
Don't worry, it will be.
别担心,马上就会了。
I mean, she starts out hopeful, and then when the perfect man.
她开始总是充满信心, 两个星期后,当完美男人不再。
doesn't come around in two weeks, she gets desperate...
围着她打转时, 她会感到绝望。
and hooks up with some loser.
接着去勾搭一些失败者。  
Some guy who's not even good enough to mop her floors.
那些家伙甚至都不配给她拖地的。  
And then, when it doesn't work out, because it never works out...
然后,当一切都不起作用时, 因为从来就没有起作用过。  
we pack up and move again, and there's nothing I can do about it.
我们又得收拾行李,我却对此毫无办法。  
I can't even run away because that's what she does.
我甚至都不能逃跑,因为这是她常做的事。  
I thought you said you didn't mind all the moving around.
我以为你说过你并不介意搬来搬去。  
I didn't. I mean, I don't. I just got here.
我以前不介意. 我是说,我不会的,我只是在这儿。  
The River Bistro.
河流小酒馆。  
What are we doing here?
我们在这里干什么?  
I can't even afford to pee in a place like this.
我甚至都付不起在这里撒尿的钱。
Much less actually eat here.
比在这里吃饭要便宜的多。
Relax, it's under control.
放松,一切尽在掌握。
My uncle's the owner.
我叔叔是这里的老板。  
Him?
是他?
You've got to be kidding. No, him.
你一定在开玩笑。 不,是他。  
No, you didn't do that, did you?
不,你没有那么做吧,是吗?  
Well, how long did you keep her waiting?
你让她在那里等了多久?  
What? An hour?
什么?一个小时?  
Of course she's mad.
她当然会发疯的。  
What? Hold on.
什么?等一下?

妙语佳句
1.虚拟语气:could have done
本来能做成的(却没做成)
It could have been worse.
本应该更糟的。
例如:
But it could have done better still.
但它们其实是有能力做得更好的。
But we could have done it all so much better.
但是,我们本可以把这一切做得更好。
2.start out
出发;著手进行
例如:
We start out with some really basic principles.
我们从一些最基本的原理出发。
Many people in life start out well but they end up poorly because they don't plan for the pitfalls.
在生活中许多人开始时很好,但结果却不如意,这是因为他们没为可能出现的陷阱做打算。
3.come around
来;苏醒,恢复知觉
例如:
Most vendors have come around to recognizing that this is the most reasonable approach.
大部分厂商已经觉悟过来,认识到了这是最合理的途径。
When questions come around at the end, you will be more equipped to answer them if you love what you talked about.
当演讲结束大家来问你问题时,你也会准备得更好来回答你乐意讨论的话题。
4.hook up with
交流、沟通
例如:
As I was saying, Virgos are friendly and like to hook up with people.
就像我所说的,处女座很友善,喜于和其他人混在一起。
Today, parents are relieved if their daughters hook up with only one partner.
今天,如果自己的女儿只和一个伴侣交往,父母们就会觉得宽慰。
5.under control
处于控制之下;情况正常
考考你:
翻译:
1.那些家伙甚至都不配给她拖地的。 
2.我以为你说过你并不介意搬来搬去。  
上期答案:
1.Did it ever occur to you that the point of the meeting wasn't for the needs of the single parent?
2.You know what the entire student body is talking about this morning?

分享到
重点单词
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • relievedadj. 放心的,放松的,免除的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • hookn. 钩状物,勾拳,钩 v. 钩住,弯成(钩装),当妓女
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理