听电影《超完美男人》学英语第43期:不想独自一人漂泊
日期:2012-08-21 08:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Oh, God, please tell me that you didn't say yes.
噢,上帝,请告诉我你没有同意。  
Please tell me that you said no. I said I'd think about it.
请告诉我你说让你考虑一下。  
What? What is there to think about?
什么?你在想什么?  
Is there even a jewel in there?
戒指上有宝石吗?  
Lenny is not your soul mate. Ben is.
莱尼不是你的精神伴侣,本才是。  
Ben is in China. Maybe.
本在中国,也许是。  
I mean, who really knows?
我是说,谁知道呢?  
The only thing I know for sure about Ben is he is a beautiful idea.
我只知道本是一个美好的主意。  
But you can't grow old with a beautiful idea.
但是你不可能和一个美好的主意白头谐老。  
Why are you so desperate?
你为什么那么着急?
Oh, Holly, it is so easy for you to judge.
噢,郝莉,你选择起来是那么的容易。  
You haven't had to go through life alone with kids.
你没有经历过抚养孩子的苦日子。  
Nobody to turn to for help.
没人会来帮你。  
I'm not complaining. I made my bed.
我并不是抱怨,我自己铺床。  
But I have been slugging it out alone for a heck of a long time.
但是我已经好久没有偷懒过了。  
You two girls are the best thing that's ever happened to me.
你们两个人是我身边发生的最好的事情。  
In the blink of an eye, you'll be grown and gone.
一眨眼,你们就会长大,离开。  
And Lenny's a sweet guy. Maybe he'll be different than the others.
而莱尼是个好人,也许他和其他人有所不同。  
I don't want to wind up alone.
我不想独自一人漂泊。

妙语佳句
1.jewel
n. 宝石;珠宝
vt. 镶以宝石;饰以珠宝
The French jewel thief was caught by the English police and extradited to France.
那个法国珠宝窃贼被英国的警察抓获送回法国。
2.soul mate
情人;性情相投的人;心心相印的伙伴
If you find your soul mate, you should cherish him(her).
如果你发现你的灵魂伴侣,你将去钟爱(她)。
3.desperate
不顾一切的;令人绝望的;极度渴望的
Your description desperate, but only to analysis the statement of the word, you let us see the fundamental mistake.
你的描述令人绝望,不过只是对分析而言,你的陈述让人看到了它的根本错误。
4.turn to for help
指望;帮助
It is important for a new hire to have someone on his or her level to turn to for help.
对新人来说,在同一级找到一个能帮忙的人非常重要。
考考你
翻译:
1.但是你不可能和一个美好的主意白头谐老。     
2.你没有经历过抚养孩子的苦日子。
上期答案:
1.That isn't even close to what I asked you to do.
2.I was distracted by you.

分享到
重点单词
  • maten. 伙伴,配偶,同事 vt. 使 ... 配对,使 .
  • fundamentaladj. 基本的,根本的,重要的 n. 基本原理,基础
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • analysisn. 分析,解析
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • cherishvt. 珍爱,抚育,珍藏
  • descriptionn. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型
  • blinkvi. 眨眼,闪烁,屈服,视若无睹 vt. 使眨眼,尽力
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,