听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第21期:抛砖引玉
日期:2012-07-27 09:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Well, you amaze me, Liv.You really do.
你让我吃惊,丽芙,真的。  
You-You never ask me what I want.?
你从不问我想要什么。  
You just figure you know best, end of story.
你总自以自己的想法是对的就行了。  
"Emma, wear this. Emma, say that."
"艾玛,穿这个,艾玛,那么说。"  
Well, Emma's pretty frickin' tired of it.
艾玛已经受够了。  
Don't think I didn't notice how totally freaked out...
不要以为我没注意到你有多么愤怒。  
you were because I had the nerve to get engaged before you did.
就因为我胆敢比你先订婚。
Okay, wait. First of all, Daniel bought that ring in December.
好了,给我等等,首先,丹尼尔12月就买了戒指了。  
Okay? So officially, I was first.
好吗?所以这么算,我在先。  
Second, people always make you do things you don't wanna do.
第二,总有人让你做你不喜欢的事。  
Oh, pathetic. Pathetic!
噢,可悲,可悲。  
Emma, it's like you don't have a spine. Oh, wait. That's right.
艾玛,就好像你是个软骨头,等等,对了。  
You don't have a spine.
你就是个软骨头。  
No one could accuse you of being soft, Liv.
是没人能说你软弱,丽芙。  
You grabbed the first date in June Marion offered.
你上来就抢了玛瑞安给出的6月的头个空缺。 
without even asking me first.
都没先问问我。  
At least I'm not so terrified of being alone...
至少我没有因为惧怕落单而。  
that I people-please my way through life.
一辈子都只知道讨人欢心。  
Emma, you settle.
艾玛,你总是将就。  
Are you saying that I'm settling with Fletcher?
你的意思说我找弗莱彻是将就?  
I wasn't thinking about Fletcher.
我指的可不是弗莱彻。  
You came up with that one on your own.
这可是你自己说的。  
Move your date, Liv.
改日子,丽芙。  
You move your date, Emma.
你改日子吧,艾玛。  
It's done. You lose.
已成定局了,你输了。

妙语佳句
1.freak out
使处于极度兴奋中;崩溃
Going to a funeral naturally makes you freak out about your future.
参加葬礼一般都会让你对未来感到崩溃。
2.get engaged
订婚
You may be ready to get engaged or married, or to sign a business partner or expert.
你可能已经准备好结婚或者订婚了,又或者准备签约一个商业伙伴或者专家。
3.pathetic
可怜的,悲哀的;感伤的;乏味的
And that is why it may cover thy awful white light with its pathetic shadows.
这就是为什么它能够以它可怜的阴影遮盖你可畏的白光。
4.be terrified of
对……感到惊恐,害怕
So, if a meteor helped to wipe out the dinosaurs, does this mean we should be terrified of the skies today?
那么,既然可能是陨星造成了恐龙的灭绝,今天的我们是否应该对天空心存惧意?
5.come up with
提出;想出;赶上
They thought about this question for the rest of the day and wrote down what they came up with.
那一天余下的时间里,他们都在思考这个问题,并且把他们想到的都写下来。
6.on your own
独立地, 自愿地
The success or failure of the matter depends on your own effort.
事情的成败在你自己的努力。
考考你
翻译:
1.不要以为我没注意到你有多么愤怒,就因为我胆敢比你先订婚。    
2.你上来就抢了玛瑞安给出的6月的头个空缺。    
上期答案:
1.I hope you can appreciate the positions Amie and I are in.
2.We're not making any plans until we figure this out.

分享到
重点单词
  • spinen. 脊柱,脊椎,书脊,尖刺
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • accusev. 指责,控告,谴责
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .