听电影《超完美男人》学英语第16期:漫画大会
日期:2012-07-22 09:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

No, it isn't.
不,不是的。  
Okay, the face a little bit.
对,脸有点象。  
But that woman is on a horse.
但她是骑在马上的。  
You're not on a horse.
你没有骑在马上吧。  
That's a completely different person.
那是个完全不同的人。  
It's pretty good.
画的很好。  
My dad sponsored comic book conventions when I was a kid.
在我小时候,我爸爸常常主持漫画大会。  
He'd take me.
他会带上我。  
If you hang around long enough, you pick it up.
如果你长期接触一样东西,你也就学会了。  
So you hung out with your dad a lot?
所以你跟在你爸爸后面学了很久?  
No. Actually, after he and my mom split up...
不,事实上,在我父母分手后
that's pretty much the only thing we did together.
这是我和爸爸在一起做的唯一最多的事情。  
But, hey, at least I learned how to draw, right?
但是,嘿,至少我学会了画画。  
Divorce as a career builder. That's nice.
父母离婚成了你的事业缔造者,真是不错。  
So, hey, have you ever been?
那么,嘿,你以前做过吗?  
Divorced? Not yet.
离婚?还没有。  
No, to a comic convention.
不,参加漫画大会。  
No, not that, either.
不,也没有参加过。  
Well, there's one coming up.
最近会有一次会议。  
Six weeks from now. Westside Convention Center.
6星期后。在西部会议中心。  
It sounds geeky, but it's kind of fun.
听起来挺讨人厌的, 不过也挺有趣的。  
Yeah. I'm not much of a planner, you know.
好吧,你看,我不太会安排我的日程。

妙语佳句
1.on a horse
骑马;快马加鞭
例如:
Her mind is empty. She can't recall the last time she was on a horse or even saw a horse.
但是她的大脑一片空白,她甚至无法回忆起最近一次自己骑马或者看到马的经历。
2.comic book conventions
漫画大会
comic
adj. 喜剧的;滑稽的;有趣的
n. 连环漫画;喜剧演员;滑稽人物
例如:
This week's comic doodle reportedly only shows in the US, for instance, unless you call up a special URL.
比如,据报道本周的漫画涂鸦只能被允许在美国公开展示。 除非你访问一个特定的地址。
3.hang around
闲荡;徘徊
例如:
Plus, it links you: he has to hang around to get it back.
而且,它与你有关:他得留在你身边,将衣物取回。
4.pick up
捡起;获得;收拾;学会
例如:
With this in mind, the next time you need a bit of time to yourself, pick up a book.
记住这个方法,下次当你需要一点自我放松的时间时,你则可以挑选一本书来阅读。
5.split up
分裂,分离
例如:
A classroom with 40 kids is more likely to split up into opposing groups than one with 20, which may explain why students tend to do better in smaller classes.
一个有40个孩子的班级比一个只有20个孩子的班级更容易分裂,这也许可以解释为什么学生在人数较少的班级学得更好。
佳句妙语:
翻译:
1.在我小时候,我爸爸常常主持漫画大会。 
2.如果你长期接触一样东西,你也就学会了。      
上期答案:
1.How many women can look like a goddess in a bakery uniform?
2.This is the most romantic thing that a man has ever done for you.

分享到
重点单词
  • uniformn. 制服 adj. 一致的,统一的 vt. 穿制
  • conventionn. 大会,协定,惯例,公约
  • opposingadj. 反作用的,反向的,相反的,对立的 动词oppo
  • comicn. 连环图画,喜剧演员,喜剧元素 adj. 滑稽的,有
  • plannern. 计划者,规划师
  • doodlev. 乱写,乱画? n. 乱写,乱画
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人