听电影《超完美男人》学英语第32期:孩子闯入美好人生计划中
日期:2012-08-06 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

This wasn't the plan, you know.
你看,原来不时这么计划的。
I had a big future in mind when I was younger.
在我年轻的时候,我有远大的理想。
I was going to be a famous baker.
我希望成为伟大的面包师。
Like Julia Child, but with desserts.
就好象,朱利叶·奇奥德,和他一样做甜点。
I was going to go to a fancy cooking school.
我本来打算上一所不错的烹饪学校的。
Write cookbooks.
写几本食谱。
Make people fall in love with baking again.
使人们再次热爱烘焙食物。
I had all the applications, too.
我但是也拥有所有的申请表。
I was in the middle of filling them out when I learned I was pregnant.
我得知我怀孕时,我已经填了一半了。
A baby fit into my happily-ever-after plan just fine.
一个孩子闯入了我美好人生计划中,没关系。
I thought it was good news.
我认为是个好消息。  
But it didn't fit into the guy's.
但是它却没有进入那个男人的生活中去。  
Or maybe it was me that didn't fit.
或许是我没有告诉他。  
Whichever. I was on my own.
无论如何。我一个人承担了一切。
So you had your kid instead of fulfilling your dream.
所以你要了你的孩子,而没有完成你的梦想。
I guess I did.
我猜是的。  
If you had to do it all over, would you have gone to school instead?
如果一切可以重来,你会选择去学校学习吗?  
Life definitely would have been easier if I'd done that.
如果我那么做,生活一定会好过的多了。  
Gotten my act together first.
先实现我所有的梦想。  
Had kids later. But those kids...
然后再拥有孩子,但是那些孩子。

妙语佳句
1.fall in love with
爱上;爱上某人;喜欢上
He tells me now that that was what made him fall in love with me.
现在,他告诉我当初正是我的声音使他爱上了我这个人。
2.fill out
填写;变丰满,变大
If you are, however, we ask you to fill out this form with extra details as these can be crucial in decisions about partnership.
然而,如果您是要向联合国提供物品,我们请求您在表格上填写额外的细节,因为这些信息可能对决定合作关系很重要。
3.fit into
适合,适应;符合
Whatever niche you think you fit into or would like to fit into, buy the appropriate clothing to stand out for quality.
无论你认为自己适合哪种款式或想要哪种款式,一定要买一件以质量脱颖而出的衣服。
4.on my own
靠自己;独自一人;一己之力
Looking back, I think I acted less in anger than from a realization that I was on my own, that if anybody was going to help me at that moment, it had to be myself.
现在回想起来,我想我表现地与其说愤怒还不如说是意识到了只有我自己一个人,如果当时没有任何人来帮助我的话,我就只能靠自己。
5.fulfill one's dream
实现梦想
That's one dream that I always had and never got to fulfill.
那是我由来已久却从未实现的梦想。
考考你
翻译:
1.我得知我怀孕时,我已经填了一半了。   
2.所以你要了你的孩子,而没有完成你的梦想。  
上期答案:
1.I'm in the middle of writing my mom an e-mail and she just logged on.
2.They're lucky to have you as a mom.

分享到
重点单词
  • crucialadj. 关键的,决定性的
  • appropriateadj. 适当的,相称的 vt. 拨出(款项); 占用
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的