听电影《超完美男人》学英语第34期:河流小酒馆
日期:2012-08-08 09:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

And I bought these butterfly clips so that you can use it...
而我买了这只蝴蝶发夹,让你用它。
and clip the braids back. But don't pull.
夹住你的秀发,但是不要拔。
Okay, I'm taking Zoe to her play date, then I'm going to Gloria's shower.
好,我先带周去参加比赛,然后参加格劳丽雅家的送礼会。
Don't burn the place down.
别把房子给烧了。
Wow. Look at you.
哇。看看你。
Where they having it, at the Ritz?
在哪里比赛,里兹大饭店? 
Some whoop-de-do spot named the River Bistro.
某个社交场合,叫河流小酒馆。  
Close to it.
差不多。  
No! Ow!
不! 喔!  
Isn't that way over everybody's budget?
那里不是容不下预算中的所有人?  
Yeah, but Gloria's cousin's wife works with their dairy guy...
对,但是陶勒丽斯的表亲和那里的送奶员一起工作。
and he got her a deal on the party room.
他帮他们搞定了一个聚会室。  
I heard the food's really bad there.
我听说那里的食物非常糟糕。  
Everyone who eats there gets really sick. Vomiting for days.
每个在那里吃过饭的人都病了,要呕吐好几天。  
I'll take my chances. Let's go, sweetie.
我会把握机会的,我们走,甜心。  
Where is he? I don't know.
他在哪里?我不知道。  
Maybe the restaurant. Maybe home.
可能在餐厅里,可能在家里。  
Okay, you go to the restaurant.I'm going to go to his place.
好,你去餐厅,我去他住的地方。  
If I see him, I'll stall him. Now, what's his address?
如果我见到他,我回拖住他。好,他的地址是?  
To begin again in Egypt.
在埃及重新开始。  
Oh, The Times thinks they're so clever.
噢,纽约时报自认为很聪明。

妙语佳句
1.butterfly clips
蝴蝶发夹
And I bought these butterfly clips so that you can use it…
我买了这个蝴蝶发卡,你可以用来…
2.whoop-de-do
狂欢;大吹大擂;激烈争论;快乐的社交聚会
3.dispatch
n. 派遣;急件
vt. 派遣;分派
Again, you would want to raise an error, and not deliver the duplicate dispatch event to the already existing context.
这同样表示一个错误,向已经存在的上下文交付重复调度事件不是您希望的结果。
4.get a deal
说定了;搞定了
They could almost certainly get a deal by agreeing to cut spending later in exchange for borrowing now.
他们同意稍后裁减开支以交换现在的借款的话,达成交易几乎就可以确定。
5.vomit
吐出;使……呕吐;
呕吐物;催吐剂
Once this happens, blood appears in the vomit and faeces.
一旦出现此种症状,呕吐物和粪便中就会带血。
考考你
翻译:
1.那里不是容不下预算中的所有人?    
2.每个在那里吃过饭的人都病了,要呕吐好几天。
上期答案:
1.Special message to all you bloggers out there being raised by single moms.
2.It can have an intensity like you've never felt before.

分享到
重点单词
  • stalln. 货摊,摊位,厩,畜栏,(飞行器)失速 vt. 把
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.
  • intensityn. 强烈,强度
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景
  • duplicaten. 副本,复制品 adj. 复制的,二重的 vt. 复
  • dispatchv. 派遣,迅速做完,立即处死 n. 派遣,发送,急件,
  • clipn. 夹子,钳,回形针,弹夹 n. 修剪,(羊毛的)剪下
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • butterflyn. 蝴蝶,蝶状物,蝶泳 vt. (烹饪时把鱼肉等)切开