365天英语口语大全之交际口语(MP3+中英文本) 第44期:失望与绝望
日期:2015-05-07 17:20

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.

惯用口语句子:

It's a pity!
= What a pity!
真遗憾!
pit n. 可惜的事,憾事

I'm really disappointed in him.
我对他实在很失望。
I'm disappointed at this.
我对此感到很失望。
disappointed a. 失望的
be disappointed in sb.“对某人感到失望”
be disappointed at/with/about sth.“对某事物感到失望”

It's not what I expected.
= It's not what I had in mind.
= It's not what I hoped for.
这不是我期望的。
I expect something more.
我的期望比这要高/多。

It's not as good as I expected.
这不如我期望的好。
I didn't get what I expected for.
我没有得到我想要的。

It was a waste of effort.
真是白费力气。
All my efforts went down the tubes.
我的努力全白费了。
go down the tubes“失败,完蛋”
“a waste of...”表示“对…的浪费”,一般后面会接time,money,effort,energy这一类词。

What a disappointment!
= What a letdown!
真让人失望!
disappointment n. 失望,令人失望的人或事
letdown n. 失望,令人失望的人或事

How disappointing!
太令人失望了!
disappointing a. 令人失望的

You didn't match up to my expectations.
你没有达到我对你的期望。
expectation n. 期望,希望
match up to“符合,与…一致”

You let me down.
你让我失望了。
let sb.down“使某人失望”

I felt lonely and hopeless.
我感到孤独而绝望。
lonely a. 孤独的,寂寞的

I'm in despair.
我绝望了。
I begin to despair.
我开始绝望了。
I despair of him.
我对他绝望了。
despair n. & v. 绝望

It can't be helped.
实在没办法了。
There's nothing l can do with it.
我没办法了。
It's over!
完了!

实用对话

2.实用对话

Expressing Disappointment表示失望

Annie: David. why don't you clean your room?
安妮:大卫,你怎么没有打扫房间啊?
David: I'm just not in the mood.
大卫:没心情。
Annie: Is something wrong?
安妮:出什么事了吗?
David: Somebody told me there are rumors going around about me and my girlfriend. It kind of makes me feel a little sick.
大卫:有人告诉我到处都在流传关于我和我女朋友的谣言。这真让我有点儿难受。
Annie: I doubt anyone would say anything bad about you and your girlfriend.
安妮:我不相信有人会说你和你女朋友的坏话。
David: I've actually heard the rumors, and they're kind of mean. What a disappointment!
大卫:我确实听到这些谣传了,真卑鄙。他们真挺让人失望的!
Annie: Well, you know. Your girlfriend knows the truth and that's really important.
安妮:嗯,你知道的。你女朋友了解真相,这才是重要的。
David: I know, but I still feel kind of bad about everything.
大卫:我知道,但我还是觉得不舒服。
Annie: You can't control other people. You're just going to have to let it go.
安妮:你没办法控制其他人的。你还是忘了吧。
David: I know, but I am still kind of disappointed that someone would say such a thing.
大卫:我知道,但我还是很失望有些人会这样说我们。
Annie: I know how you feel. but sometimes you just have to forget about it and move past it.
安妮:我明白你的感受,但是有时候你只能把它忘掉,让这件事成为过去。


详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“go around”在这里表示“(消息、故事、玩笑等)四处流传”,既可以用作及物动词词组也可以作不及物动词词组。例如:A rumour is going around that I am having an affair with my boss.(谣言四处散播,说我和我的老板关系暧昧。)There is a lot of gossip going
around the village.(村子里流传着很多谣言。)
2.“let go”表示“不批评或惩罚,不再追究”。例如:OK, I'll let it go this time.(好吧,这次我就不追究了。)另外,还可以表示“
不再担心,不再想,放手”,例如:It's time to let the past go.(过去的就该让它过去了,别想了。)此外,”let go”还表示“松开,
放开”,例如:Let go! You're hurting me.(放开!你弄疼我了。)The guard let go of the lead, and the dog lunged forward.(警卫
松开了皮带,狗向前猛冲了过去。)



文化洗礼

4.文化洗礼

克制坏情绪的6条建议

科学家们认为经常处于坏情绪中的人容易患心脏病等多种疾病,所以,能否控制好自己的情绪可能是件生死攸关的大事。下面是科学家们给我们提出的一些克制坏情绪建议:
1. Pinpoint the problem. When you're fuming or fearful, the first step you should take is to discover why.
找准问题。当你生气或恐惧忧虑时,首先你应该找出问题的起因。
2.Get enough sleep.睡眠要充足。
3.If something frustrating happens, we have more trouble controlling our upset. Try to relax.
如果发生了令人沮丧的事,要克制烦乱的情绪就更加困难,试着放松一下。
4.Get in touch with nature.接触大自然。
5.Eat wisely.合理饮食
6.Get moving.多运动。


分享到