365天英语口语大全之交际口语(MP3+中英文本) 第15期:鼓励
日期:2015-03-06 17:07

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.惯用口语句子:

Show some courage!
鼓起勇气来!
Show a little resolve!
显示出点决心来!
Show some spine!
挺起脊梁来!
resolve n. 决心
spine n. 脊骨,骨气,勇气

Give it your best!
尽全力去做吧!
Just a little harder.
再加把劲
Don't let this get you down.
不要因为这个而灰心丧气。
get down“使沮丧”

There's nothing to feel discouraged about.
没什么可感到气馁的。
discourage v. 使气馁

I'm right behind you.
= I'm standing behind you.
我会支持你的。
You have our backing.
我们支持你。

Be a man!
要像个男人!
Don't be such a chicken.
不要这么胆小如鼠。
You can't be a coward.
你不能当胆小鬼。

Stay at it.
= Stick with it.
坚持下去。
Stick it out.
坚持住。

Cheer up!
振作起来!
Chin up!
不要垂头丧气!

Keep your chin up!
不要垂头丧气的!


实用对话

2.实用对话

Encouraging Someone鼓励

Emily: At the sports meeting today, which sport are you planning to participate in?
艾米丽:今天的运动会,你准备参加哪个项目?
Peter: I'm in the 400 meter relay. I'm really nervous.
彼得:我参加了400米接力赛。我真的好紧张。
Emily: Why so nervous?
艾米丽:怎么这么紧张呢?
Peter: I don't want to do badly and let my team-mates down.
彼得:我不想表现太差劲。而让我的队友失望。
Emily: I think you can do it. No need to worry. You've been practising hard and I'm sure you'1l win if you just focus.
艾米丽:我觉得你能行。没必要担心的。你一直都那么拼命地训练,我肯定只要你能集中注意力,一定会赢得比赛的。
Peter: You're right. I need to be confident. But the relay is a team sport and that requires cooperation.
彼得:你说得对,我应该有信心。但是接力赛是一个团体性项目,需要相互配合。
Emily: That means everyone should work together and try their hardest. You'll win or fail as a team, not just because of one
person.
艾米丽:这就意味着大家要相互协作,共同努力。你们将作为一个团队共同面对成功或失败,而不仅仅是一个人。
Peter: Yeah, I know, but I can't help but feel a little nervous anyway.
彼得:是啊,我知道,但我还是控制不住有一点儿紧张。
Emily: Show some courage! I'm sure your team will do fine and win. I believe in you, so you should too.
艾米丽:鼓起勇气来!我相信你们小组会表现得很出色而且最终能赢得比赛。我相信你,你也应该相信自己。
Peter: I know. We'll try our best. Thanks for your support. It really helps.
彼得:我知道,我们会尽最大努力的。谢谢你的支持,这对我帮助很大。
Emily: Besides, I'll be there watching and cheering you on.
艾米丽:还有,我会观看比赛并为你加油的。


详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“participate价”表示“参加,参与,分享”,例如:How many people participated in the opening ceremony?(多少人参加了开业典礼?)
2.句子结构“can't help but do sth.”等于“can't help doing sth.”,意为“禁不住做某事”。
3.“cheer sb. on”意思是“为某人加油助威”,例如:The crowd cheered the runners on as they started the last lap.(赛跑运动员
进入最后一圈时,观众们为他们加油助威。)。

4.文化洗礼

“鼓掌加油”的英文知多少

每个人都应该学会鼓励。在别人表现不好的时候,鼓励能令他们减轻压力,放下包袱;而当别人表现优异时,鼓励也能让他们感到被认可,心情愉悦。除了语言之外,“鼓掌”也是表示鼓励的一种方式,那么当你想要带动大家一起鼓掌为某人加油时,你该怎么表达呢?
put our hands together for...为 ...鼓掌
OK, folks! Put your hands together for Veronica and her Dancing Dogs!
好,各位!请为维罗妮卡和她这些会跳舞的狗鼓掌吧!
give somebody a clap为某人鼓掌
Come on. everyone! Let's give Tommy a clap.
来吧,各位!咱们为汤米鼓掌,
applaud somebody for...因为…为某人鼓掌,为某人的…鼓掌
Let's applaud her for her success.
咱们来为她的成功鼓掌。
give somebody a hand为某人鼓掌
Let's give all of the teams who competed here today a hand!
我们来为今天所有来这里参赛的队伍鼓掌!
let's hear it for.为…改呼鼓掌
Her voice is amazing. isn't it? Let's hear it for Amber Rowan!
她的嗓音可真棒,不是吗?让我们为安珀·罗文欢呼鼓掌吧!
give it up for somebody举起手为某人鼓掌
All right, people! Give it up for Marvolo the Magician!
好了,各位!举起你的手为魔术师马佛洛鼓掌吧

分享到