365天英语口语大全之交际口语(MP3+中英文本) 第23期:同情与安慰
日期:2015-03-27 18:20

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.惯用口语句子:

I'm sorry.
= I'm so sorry.
我感到很难过。
I'm sorry to hear that.
听到这个我感到很难过。

You have my deepest sympathy.
向你表示我最深切的慰问。
Please accept my sympathy.
请接受我的慰问,
sympathy n. 同情,慰问

We're filled with deep sorrow.
我们感到很悲痛。
I share your sorrow.
我跟你一样悲痛。
sorrow n. 悲痛,悲哀

You're in our prayers.
我们为你祈祷。
prayer n. 祈祷(其动词是pray)

What a pity!
= That's a pity!
真遗憾啊!

It must be tough for you.
= It must be hard on you.
你肯定很难受。
tough a. 难忍受的,困苦的

I understand how you feel.
= I know the way you feel.
= I know how you feel.
我理解你的感受。
I understand/know.
我理解。


It could've happened to anybody.
这事谁都珂能发生。
It happens.
这种事常发生。
Many people have had this kind of trouble.
许多人都遇到过这样的麻烦。

You can't let it bother you too much.
你不能为这件事过度烦恼。
Don't worry about it too much.
不要过于担忧了。

We will find a way out.
我们会找到解决办法的。
Things will get better.
会好起来的。

I feel relieved to hear that.
= I feel much better after hearing that.
这么说我就放心了。
relieved a. 放心的

That's a weight off my mind.
心里一块石头总算落地了。
off one's mind“不再挂念”

Glad it's all over.
很高兴一切都结束了。
Forget about it.
忘了这事吧。

实用对话

2.实用对话

Showing Sympathy and Comforting Someone同情与安慰

Husband: You look worried. What's wrong?
丈夫:你看起来很忧虑。怎么了?
Wife: I got fired today, but I have no idea why.
妻子:我今天被炒鱿鱼了,但是我却不知道原因。
Husband: I thought you were an excellent secretary. What went wrong?
丈夫:我觉得你是一个相当出色的秘书。哪儿出错了呢?
Wife: I don't know. It seems that my manager doesn't agree with you. I guess he thinks I'm not efficient, or something.
妻子:我不知道。似乎我的老板并不认同你的观点,他可能觉得我工作效率不高,或是什么的。
Husband: Forget about it. I'm sure the boss will come to regret his decision.
丈夫:忘了这事吧。我肯定你的老板会为他所做出的决定后悔的。
Wife: Maybe. But now I have nothing to do. I'm worried about the money. What will we do for rent?
妻子:也许吧。但是现在我无事可做。我在担心钱的问题。我们的租金该怎么办呢?
Husband: Don't worry about it too much. I understand how you feel, but you can't let it bother you too much. Besides, you
still have the kids to look after. We will find a way out of this problem.
丈夫:不要过于担忧了。我理解你的感受,但是你也不能为此过度烦恼。而且,你还有孩子要照看呢。我们会找到解决问题的办法的。
Wife: But I didn't want to be a housewife. I like working. Do you really think we'll be OK?
妻子:但我并不想当一个家庭主妇。我喜欢上班。你真觉得我们会没事吗?
Husband: Of course. I think you can get another job easily. You're good at what you do and I believe in you.
丈夫:当然。我觉得你很容易就可以找到另一份工作。你很擅长你所从事的工作,我相信你。
Wife: Thanks for your support. I'll do my best.
妻子:多谢你的支持。我会努力的。


详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“be good at...”的意思是“擅长…”。
2.“do one's best ( to do sth. ) "也作 "try one's best( to do sth. ) ”或“try one's hardest(to do sth.)”,意思是“尽(自己
的)全力(做某事),尽(自己)全力做好(某事)”,例如:I'm trying my best/hardest. but I just can't do it.(我在尽自己的全
力,可我就是做不到。)I tried my best to comfort her.(我尽了全力去安慰她。)The only thing I can promise is that I will do my
best.(我惟一能许诺的就是我会尽自己的全力去做。)I am doing my best to make amends.(找正在尽自己的全力来进行改正。)

4.文化洗礼

同情及回应


人年无常。说不定什么时候,不幸就会降临到某个人的头上。虽然我们不能分担他们的灾难,但我们却能分担他们的痛苦。此时,我们或助一臂之力,或表达关心,或表示同情,一般会说:“I'm sorry to hear that...(听说…,我心里真不好受)”,或者说:“Bad luck.(真不幸)”。假如情况比较严重,还要用更正式的表达法,如:I was shocked to hear that... (惊悉… ) ,或: I was deeply sorry to hear about.(闻知…,深感同情)。
面对别人表达出来的同情与安慰,你要表示感谢,可用:Thanks (谢谢)。在比较正式的场合,还可以说:Thank you for your sympathy.(谢谢您的同情)。I'm grateful to you,deeply moved.(我很感激,感动),Thank you very much.(非常感谢)等。

分享到