BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第276期:束手无策
日期:2015-03-25 11:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


They're taking their time, aren't they?
他们还真是磨蹭啊?
I still don't understand. - And there's the back of the T-shirt.
我还是没搞明白. - 这句话可以印到T恤背面.
You just know things - how does that work?
你就是知道事情.这怎么行得通?
I just love your little soldier face. I'd like to punch it.
我真喜欢你这张军人的小脸蛋.我想揍两拳.
Bring it over here a minute.Come on. For Mary. Bring me your face.
把脸凑过来,快点.为了玛丽.把脸凑过来.
Lean forward a bit and stick your face out.
身体略微前倾.把脸伸出来
Please.Now, can I flick it?
拜託,我能弹弹吗?
Look at me. Can I flick your face?
看著我.我能弹你的小脸吗?
I just love doing this. I could do it all day.
我太喜欢弹人脸了.玩一整天都不腻.
Well, it works like this, John.I know who Mary hurt and killed.
事情是这样.约翰,我知道玛丽伤害和杀过的人.
I know where to find people who hate her.
我知道去哪裡找恨她的人.
I know where they live, I know their phone numbers.
我知道他们的住址和电话号码.
All in my mind palace, all of it.I could phone them right now and tear your whole life down...
所有这一切.都在我的思维殿堂裡,我可以现在就打电话给他们.毁掉你的整个人生
And I will,unless you let me flick your face.
我说到做到,除非你让我弹你的小脸蛋.
This is what I do to people.This is what I do to whole countries.
我就这么对付别人,我就这么对付整个国家.
Just because I know.Can I do your eye now?
就因为我知道,我现在能弹你眼睛了吗?
See if you can keep it open, hmm?
看你能否做到不眨眼?
Come on, for Mary. Keep it open.
来嘛.为了玛丽.别眨眼.
Sherlock? - Let him. I'm sorry, just...let him.
夏洛克? - 让他弹.对不起.就让他弹吧
Hmm? Come on, eye open.
来吧.别眨眼.
It's difficult, isn't it?Janine managed to once.
很难做到是吧?珍妮做到过一次.
She makes the funniest noises.
她发出的声音可好笑了


妙语佳句

Agenda
n.议事日程;待议诸事项一览表;日常工作事项;议程

Many of the coalition members could have their own political agendas...
许多联盟成员可能会有他们自己的政治议题。
The Danish president will put environmental issues high on the agenda.
丹麦总统将试图把环境问题摆到重要位置上。
This is sure to be an item on the agenda next week...
这一定会成为下星期议事日程上的一项议题。
High on the agenda of tomorrow's meeting will be the turmoil in Japan.
日本发生的骚乱将是明天会议的首要议题。

-------------------------------------------------------

Fabricate (pp. & pt. fabricated)
vt.制造;装配;捏造

She described the interview with her in an Italian magazine as a 'complete fabrication'...
她将意大利一家杂志对她的采访报道称为“子虚乌有”。
All four claim that officers fabricated evidence against them...
4 人全都声称警察捏造证据陷害他们。
More than 200 improvements, many of them major, were made in the design and fabrication of the shuttle.
在航天飞机的设计及制造过程中,作了两百多项改进,其中很多是大的改动。

-------------------------------------------------------

Global
adj.全球的,全球性的,有关全球大局的;全面的,
整体的,全局的;球形的,球状的,球面的,球体的;[计]全程的

On a global scale, AIDS may well become the leading cause of infant death.
艾滋病很可能会成为造成全球婴儿死亡的首要原因。
The global view, the ability to make wider decisions based on a knowledge of all the facts, not just some of them.
大局观——基于全部而非部分事实作出更加宏观的决定的能力

剧情百科


世界上最令人憎恨之一的就是利用别人的弱点对付。Magnussen就是这样的一个人。先不说他面目狰狞,单是他说的话就想让人上去给他两拳。好吧,小编稍微激动了。
面对Magnussen的挑衅与对John的调戏。Sherlock却是在一旁苦恼,束手无策。难道他们真的要这样坐以待毙吗?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.I am embarrassed by my complete _____ _____ history...
我对历史一无所知,这让我很难堪。
2.The polytechnics have _____ been at an unfair disadvantage in competing for pupils and money...
到目前为止,理工专科学校在争取生源和资金方面一直处于劣势。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.As in all experimental sciences, we still do not know everything about nutrition.
就像所有实验科学一样,我们仍然没有完全认识营养作用。
2.The Orientals use no butter. They prefer the very healthful peanut oil.
东方人不吃黄油,他们更喜欢对健康非常有益处的花生油。

分享到