BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第265期:神秘失踪的福尔摩斯
日期:2015-03-14 19:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


I don't know how much sense you'll get out of him.He's drugged up, so he's pretty much babbling.
我想他这会儿不会很清醒.他摄入了很多药,大多是在胡言乱语
Oh, they won't let you use that in here, you know?
你知道这裡不让用手机吧
No, I'm not going to use the phone. I just want to take a video.
不,我不打电话,我只想拍段影片
Oh, Jesus!
我的天哪
So, where would he go? - Oh, Christ knows!
那他会去哪裡呢? - 鬼才知道!
Try finding Sherlock in London.
试著在伦敦找夏洛克.
He's got three known bolt-holes.
他有三个已知的避难所.
Parliament Hill, Camden Lock and Dagmar Court.
议会大厦,康顿水门和达格马庭院
Five known bolt holes.There's the blind greenhouse in Kew Gardens and the leaning tomb in Hampstead Cemetery.
他有五个避难所,在基尤皇家植物园有个不易察觉的温室,在汉普斯特德公墓有个摇摇欲坠的坟墓
Just the spare bedroom.Well, my bedroom.
就是个空卧室,其实是我的卧室
We agreed he needs the space.
我们都同意他需要个地方休息
Behind the clock face of Big Ben.
在大本钟钟面的后面
I think he was probably joking.
我觉得他八成在开玩笑
No, I don't think so.
我可不这麽认为
Leinster Gardens. It's his number one bolt hole. Top, top secret.
伦斯特花园,那是他的第一选择,绝密
He only knows about it cos he stalked him one night.Followed! - Followed, yeah.
他知道那地方是因为他有天晚上尾随了他,是跟踪, - 是的,跟踪
He knew who shot him.The bullet wound was here, so he was facing whoever it was.
他知道是谁射伤了他,枪伤在前面,所以他知道面对的人是谁
So, why not tell us?Because he's tracking them down himself. - Or protecting them.
那他为什麽不告诉我们,因为他在独自追踪那人. - 或是在保护什麽人
Protecting the shooter, why?
保护凶手,为什麽?
Well, protecting someone then. But why would he care?He's Sherlock. Who would he bother protecting?
或者保护别的什麽了,但他为什麽会在意,他是夏洛克,他会费心思保护谁呢?
Call me if you hear anything. Don't hold out on me, John.Call me, OK? - Yeah. Yeah, right.
一有动静就电话,别瞒著我,约翰.一定要打, - 好
Good night then. - Bye then.
那麽晚安. - 再见.
John, need a cuppa?
约翰,要喝点什麽吗?
Mrs Hudson, why does sherlock think that I'll be moving back in here?
哈德森太太.夏洛克为什麽认为我会搬回来?
Oh, yes, he's put your chair back again, hasn't he?hat's nice. It looks much better.
啊对,他把你的椅子又放回来了.这很好,看上去好多了.
John, what's wrong? Tell me. John?That's your phone, isn't it?
约翰,怎麽回事,告诉我,约翰.是不是你的电话在响?
It's Sherlock, John. Sherlock.John, you have to answer it!
是夏洛克,约翰,是夏洛克.约翰,你得接这个电话


妙语佳句

Lounge (pp. & pt.lounged)
n.休息厅;客厅;(机场等的)等候室
vi.闲逛;懒洋洋地躺
vt.懒洋洋地打发(时间);虚度光阴

The Holmbergs were sitting before a roaring fire in the lounge, sipping their cocoa.
霍姆伯格一家坐在客厅里,对着熊熊炉火呷着可可。
I spoke to her in the lounge of a big Johannesburg hotel where she was attending a union meeting.
我在约翰内斯堡一家大酒店的休息大厅跟她打过招呼,她当时在那里参加一个工会会议。
Instead of taking me to the departure lounge they took me right to my seat on the plane.
他们没有带我去候机厅,而是直接领我上飞机到了我的座位上。
If you don't want to lounge on the beach, you can go on a guided walk along the nature trail.
如果不想闲躺在沙滩上,可以让导游带你走一走观光小径。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pedestrian
n.步行者;行人
adj.徒步的;平淡无奇的;一般的

More than a third of all pedestrian injuries are to children.
所有受伤的行人中有1/3以上是儿童。
I drove home contemplating my own more pedestrian lifestyle.
我开车回家,一路上思考着自己更为乏味的生活方式。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Superiority
n.优越(性),优等;傲慢

The US will need a three-to-one superiority in forces to be sure of a successful attack...
美国需要在军力上具有3比1的优势才能确保进攻胜利。
We have air superiority.
我们有空中优势。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Be liable to
该受(罚);应遵守。。。;有。。。的倾向;易于。。。

A confusing thinker is liable to cause controversy and conflict.
令人困惑的思想家容易引起争议和冲突。
Her eyes were liable to a similar affection.
她的眼睛也容易受到类似的影响。

剧情百科


突然消失的Sherlock,不难想就知道他开始彻查Mary的身份。不过还不懂情况的John他们一直寻找Sherlock。回到自己住的房子,看见搬回来的椅子和桌子上的月光模具,John的心里开始不安,隐约得知道了些事情?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.He had painted all the wood with _____ silver paint...
他给所有的木材都涂上了一层闪耀着金属光泽的银漆。
2.He told the children to start moving _____ around the room.
他让孩子们开始按顺时针方向绕着房间走。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.He was being investigated for receiving bribes.
他因收受贿赂正在接受调查。
2.The whole nation had mourned the death of their great leader...
举国向去世的伟大领袖表示了深深的哀悼

分享到