BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第197期:搜索犯罪任务进行中
日期:2014-08-24 11:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


His movements were so silent,
他的动作悄无声息
So furtive he reminded me of a trained bloodhound picking out a scent.
鬼鬼祟祟的动作让我想起.训练有素的猎犬嗅出了踪迹
You what?
你说什么.
I couldn't help thinking what an amazing criminal he'd make if he turned his talents against the law.
我忽然想到,如果他将自己的天赋用来犯法,那得犯下多么惊人的罪啊.
Don't read that. - Famous blog, finally. - Come on, that's...
别读了 - 是很有名的博客. - 拜托.那是...
Ancient history, yes, I know,but it's not though, is it, because he's...
老黄历了.我知道,但其实不是.因为他...
What are you doing? - Having a wash.
你在干什么. - 洗个脸
You're shaving it off.
你要刮掉胡子
Well, you hate it. - Sherlock hates it. - Apparently everyone hates it.
你不喜欢嘛. - 夏洛克不喜欢. - 显然大家都不喜欢
Are you going to see him again? - No, I'm going to work.
你要去见他吗. - 不.我要工作
Oh, and after work, are you going to see him again? - No.
工作结束后呢.你去见他吗. - 不
God, I had six months of bristly kisses for me and then his nibs turns up... - I don't shave for Sherlock Holmes.
天啊.我蹭了六个月的胡子.那家伙一冒出来... - 我刮胡子不是因为夏洛克·福尔摩斯
You should put that on a T-shirt.
这话你应该印在T恤上
Shut up. Or what?Or I'll marry you.
别说了.不然呢?不然我就娶你
London, it's like a great cesspool into which all kinds of criminals, agents and drifters are irresistibly drained.
伦敦.就像个巨大的污水池,各种罪犯.特工.流浪汉混杂其中
Sometimes it's not a question of who,it's a question of who knows?
有时候不是谁的问题.而是谁知道的问题
If this man cancels his papers, I need to know.
如果这个人取消订报.通知我
If this woman leaves London without putting her dog into kennels,I need to know.
如果这个女人离开伦敦.却没送狗去寄养,通知我
I have certain people, they are markers.If they start to move, I'll know something's up.
有些人.是我的标记,如果他们开始行动.就意味着有事情发生
Like rats deserting a sinking ship.
就像老鼠逃离下沉的船


妙语佳句

Involve (pp. & pt. involved)
vt.包含;使参与,牵涉;围绕,缠绕;使专心于

Running a kitchen involves a great deal of discipline and speed...
料理好厨房需要把一切都安排得规规矩矩,且要讲求速度。
If there was a cover-up, it involved people at the very highest levels of government.
如果有人想要隐瞒实情,那其中就涉及政府部门最高层的人物。
Noel and I do everything together, he involves me in everything...
我和诺埃尔什么事情都一起做,他让我参与所有的事。
A late booking may involve you in extra cost...
预订晚了的话你可能要额外多花钱。

-------------------------------------------------------

Embrace (pp. & pt. embraced)
vt.& vi.拥抱
vt.包括;包含;接受;信奉
n.拥抱,怀抱

At first people were sort of crying for joy and embracing each other...
起初人们几乎是喜极而泣,并互相拥抱。
He embraces the new information age...
他迎接新的信息时代的到来。
A theory that would embrace the whole field of human endeavour.
将囊括人类活动的各个领域的理论

-------------------------------------------------------

Criminal
【复数:criminals 、 比较级:more criminal 、 最高级:most criminal】
n.罪犯,犯人
adj.刑事的;犯罪的;可耻的

A group of gunmen attacked a prison and set free nine criminals in Moroto.
一伙持枪歹徒袭击了莫罗托的一所监狱,放走了9名罪犯。
Doug was found guilty of criminal assault and sentenced to six months in jail.
道格被判犯有人身攻击罪,监禁6个月。
He said a full-scale dispute involving strikes would be criminal.
他说如果出现罢工等大规模纠纷那将是极不应该的。

剧情百科

John留了6个月的胡子,因为Sherlock的一下冒出就挂掉。这是不是在暗示着John还是非常在意Sherlock的提议。

另外面,Sherlock也开始搜索潜伏在伦敦制造恐怖事件的恐怖分子了。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.They _____ me on the way I looked each time they saw me...
每次见到我,他们都称赞我的外貌。

2.The authorities offered to stop firing _____ if the rebels agreed to stop attacking civilian targets.
当局表示,如果叛乱分子答应停止攻击平民目标,就不再发射导弹


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.He described himself and Altman as victims rather than participants in the scandal...
他把他自己和奥尔特曼描绘成这一丑闻的受害者而不是参与者。
2.Despite careful detective work, many items have never been recovered.
尽管进行了悉心探查,许多物品还是一直没有找回。

分享到
重点单词
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • disciplinen. 训练,纪律,惩罚,学科 vt. 训练,惩罚
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • furtiveadj. 偷偷的
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • shavingn. 刮胡子,修面;削;刨花 v. 修面,剃(shave