BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第273期:与魔鬼交易
日期:2015-03-22 11:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


I would offer you a drink, but it's very rare and expensive.
虽说该请你喝一杯.但这酒昂贵而稀有.
Oh, it was you.
是你啊.
Yes, of course.Very hard to find a pressure point on you, Mr Holmes.
当然了,你的施压点很难找.福尔摩斯先生.
The drugs thing I never believed for a moment.
我根本不相信你会吸毒.
Anyway, you wouldn't care if it was exposed, would you?
何况你也不在乎这事洩露出去.不是吗?
But look how you care about John Watson.Your damsel in distress.
但是你有多在乎约翰·华生啊,对你而言.就是陷入危险的少女
You put me in a fire, for leverage?!
你放火烧我.以此作为筹码
Oh, I would never let you burn, Dr Watson.
我不会让你被烧死的.华生医生
I had people standing by. I'm not a murderer.Unlike your wife.
我有安排人看著.我不杀人,你妻子可不一样.
Let me explain how leverage works, Dr Watson.
我来解释下筹码的原理吧.华生医生
For those who understand these things,Mycroft Holmes is the most powerful man in the country.
对于了解内情的人,麦考夫·福尔摩斯是这个国家权力最大的人.
Well, apart from me.Mycroft's pressure point is his junkie detective brother, Sherlock.
当然.除我以外,麦考夫的施压点,是他有毒瘾的侦探弟弟.夏洛克
Sherlock's pressure point is his best friend, John Watson.John Watson's pressure point is his wife.
夏洛克的施压点是他最好的朋友.约翰·华生.约翰·华生的施压点是他的妻子
I own John Watson's wife, I own Mycroft.He's what I'm getting for Christmas.
控制了约翰·华生的妻子也就控制了麦考夫.而他就是我的圣诞礼物
It's an exchange, not a gift.
这是交换.不是礼物
Forgive me, but...I already seem to have it.
请原谅.但是...这已经在我手上了
It's password protected.
有密码保护
In return for the password, you will give me any material in your possession pertaining to the woman I know as Mary Watson.
想要密码.你就得把你掌握的,所有关于玛丽·华生的资料给我
Oh, she's bad, that one. So many dead people.
她很坏啊.那个女人.害死过好多人
You should see what I've seen. - I don't need to see it.
你该看看我看过的. - 我不需要看
You might enjoy it, though. I enjoy it.
你也许会很喜欢,我就很喜欢
Then why don't you show us?
那为什麽不给我们看看呢
Show you Appledore? The secret vaults.Is that what you want?
给你们看阿普尔多.那个隐秘保险库,这就是你想要的?
I want everything you've got on Mary.
我要你掌握的所有关于玛丽的资料


妙语佳句

Privacy
n.隐私,秘密;隐居;私事;不受公众干扰的状态

He saw the publication of this book as an embarrassing invasion of his privacy...
他觉得这本书的出版侵犯了他的私生活,让他十分难堪。
Thatched pavilions provide shady retreats for relaxing and reading in privacy.
茅草亭是独自放松和读书的阴凉清幽之所。
A collection of over 60 designs to try on in the privacy of your own home.
能让你自己在家安心试穿的60多种款式的系列时装
The press invade people's privacy unjustifiably every day.
每天媒体都会毫无道理地干扰人们的生活。

-------------------------------------------------------

Foremost
adj.第一流的,最重要的;最初的,最前面的
adv.首先,第一;居于首位地

The military government is waging a war of words against its supposed enemies. Foremost among these are the foreign media.
军政府针对假想的敌人展开了一场唇枪舌剑的战斗。这其中首当其冲的就是外国媒体。
It is first and foremost a trade agreement...
这首先是一个贸易协议。
I see myself, first and foremost, as a working artist.
我首先还是把自己看作一名艺术工作者。

-------------------------------------------------------

Sanction (pp. & pt. sanctioned)
n.制裁,处罚;批准,认可;约束力;鼓励
vt.批准;鼓励,容忍

He seemed to be preparing to sanction an increase in public borrowing.
他似乎正准备批准增加公共贷款。
In 1935 the League of Nations imposed sanctions against Italy following its invasion of Ethiopia.
1935 年国际联盟在意大利入侵埃塞俄比亚之后对其实施了制裁。
As an ultimate sanction, they can sell their shares.
作为最高的处罚,他们可以出售他们的股份。
Their failure to sanction Japan for butchering whales in violation of international conservation treaties.
对日本违反国际保护条约残杀鲸鱼的行为他们未能进行制裁

剧情百科


从在之前准备火烧John的策划,原来都是Magnussen为了找出Mycroft的施压点,而Sherlock,John和Mary只不过是他剧本的客串角色。然后他很成功的做到了并对Sherlock造成伤害。看着Sherlock胸有成竹的与他会面,但从视频最后看到,Magnussen却是露出讥讽的笑声?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.The _____ dial on the clock showed five minutes to seven.
那只钟的夜光钟面显示时间为6点55分。
2.The fullest _____ _____ Coleridge's thought can be found in the States-man's Manual.
柯尔律治的思想可以在《政治家手册》中找到最全面的阐述


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.I admire her courage because she did a fantastic job.
我崇拜她的勇气因为她表演的太出色了。
2.The four-day festival ended a day early after an outbreak of violence involving hundreds of youths.
一场有数百名年轻人卷入的暴力活动发生后,为期4天的节庆活动被迫提前一天结束。

分享到