BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第165期:最难扼杀的是一种想法
日期:2013-10-19 11:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Precise details, in the last week, what’s been cleaned?
要精确的细节,上个星期哪里被清扫过?
Tuesday, I diid your lino.
星期二我清理了你的地毯。
No, in here,this room, this is where we’ll find it.
不,是这里,我们要在这个房间找。
Any break in the dust line. You can put back anything but dust. Dust is eloquent.
任何灰尘被擦拭的痕迹。什么都能归位,但灰尘不行。灰尘即铁证。
What is it all about?
他这是要做什么?
Cameras, we’re being watched.
找摄像头,我们被监视了。
What? Cameras? Here? I’m in my nightie!
啥?摄像头?在这里吗?我穿着睡衣呢。
No, inspector. - Why?
不,探长。 - 怎么了?
The answer’s no.
我的回答是“不”。
You’ve not heard the question.
我什么都没问呢。
You want to take me to the station. Just saving you the trouble of asking.
你想把我带到警署去。就不麻烦你开口问了。
Sherlock. - The scream? - Yeah.
歇洛克。 - 因为那声尖叫? - 是的。
Who was it? Donovan? I bet it was Donovan. Am I somehow responsible for the kidnapping?
谁说的?D?肯定是D。我是否与绑架案有牵连?
Moriarty is smart. He planted that doubt in her head. That little nagging sensation.
莫里亚蒂很聪明,他在她脑海里植入怀疑的种子。
You’re going to have to be strong to resist. You can’t kill an idea, can you?
那种感觉萦绕不去,很难抗拒。你没法扼杀一种想法,对吧?
Not once it’s made a home there.
只要它在这里,生根发芽。
Will you come?
你跟我走吗?
One photograph. That’s his next move.
他的下一步棋,是一张照片。
Moriarty’s game. First the scream, then a photograph of me being taken in for questioning.
莫里亚蒂的游戏。先是孩子的尖叫,然后是我被带去问讯的照片。
He wants to destroy me inch by inch.
他想一点一点地毁了我。
It is a game, Lestrade, and not one I’m willing to play. Give my regards to Sergeant Donovan.
这是一场游戏,而我并不想参与。代我向D警佐问好。


妙语佳句

Delivery
n.传送,投递;[法](正式)交付;分娩;讲演

It is available at £108, including VAT and delivery.
其价格为 108 英镑,包括增值税和送货费在内。
I got a delivery of fresh eggs this morning.
我今天早上收到了送来的新鲜鸡蛋。
In the end, it was an easy delivery: a fine baby boy...
分娩过程最终非常顺利,生了个健康的男婴。

------------------------------------------------------
Eloquent (比较级:more eloquent 最高级:most eloquent)
adj.雄辩的,有口才的;有说明力的;富于表情的,逼真的;动人的

I heard him make a very eloquent speech at that dinner.
在那次晚宴上,我听到他作了一番非常有说服力的陈词。
He was eloquent about his love of books.
他说起自己对书的喜爱来就会停不住嘴

------------------------------------------------------
With the exception of
adv.除…以外

With the exception of the two-year rule, these restrictions have now melted away.
而现在,除了之前提到的两年限期,以上的种种限制已经荡然无存。

------------------------------------------------------
Responsible for
为…负责,是造成…的原因

One person should be responsible for new employee orientation.
应当有一个人负责新员工的培训。

剧情百科

Sherlock的生活起居一直被监视着,看来他的房子的确有人想要的东西。
Lestrade耐不住手下的疑惑去找Sherlock是预料中的事,但是Sherlock直接拒绝的。他在乎的不是名誉,而是重视与Moriatry的一场决斗。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.As consumers, people hate paying for rubbish _____.
作为消费者,人们自然不愿为垃圾处理埋单。
2.I borrow you the shoulder to _____!
我的肩膀借你啦!

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Service (delivery) tools and structures are outdated too.
服务交付工具及其结构也已过时。
2.All were present (with the exception of) one member.
一个外其余的全都齐了。

分享到
重点单词
  • outdatedadj. 旧式的,落伍的,过时的
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损
  • employeen. 雇员
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • meltedadj. 融化的;溶解的 v. 融化;溶解(melt的过
  • preciseadj. 精确的,准确的,严格的,恰好的
  • orientationn. 信仰,趋向,定位,适应,情况介绍 [计算机] 定向
  • eloquentadj. 雄辩的,有口才的,动人的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • questioningn. 质问 v. 询问,审问(question的现在分词