BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第220期:喜剧与悲剧人生
日期:2014-09-17 11:22

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


They're still blocking it?
警报系统还被屏蔽着?
Yeah. Very efficiently hacked.They must be bloody pleased with themselves.
是的 黑的手段非常高明.他们肯定很得意
They must be.
肯定的.
Right then?
你来?
Ah, no! No, you've got to make the arrest. This one's yours, boss.
哦 不! 不 你来逮捕他们 功劳属于你的 老大
You've never called me boss before.
你可从来没叫过我老大.
Oh, well, look what happens when you're good.
好吧 谁让你表现这么好呢.
You know how most days aren't good days?
还记得之前一直碰钉子的坏日子么?
This is a good day. - Not for the Waters family.
今天是个好日子 - 沃特帮可不这样想.
OK, ten men on the roof, all exits covered.The bank's closed, so we've no hostages to worry about.
我们有十个人在房顶 所有出口都有人把守.银行已经关门了 我们不用担心有人质
Sorry, no, go on. Go on.
抱歉 继续 继续讲 继续
Um, we've got the tunnel entrance covered...and Davies, Willow and Christie are heading up armed response on Mafeking Road.
呃 我们把地道入口也封锁了...戴维斯 维络 克里斯提...他们带着特警在玛弗金路设防.
Sorry, I'd better get this. - It's him, isn't it?
抱歉 我还是看一下 - 是他 没错吧?
I, I, I have to go. - What?!
我...我必须要走了 - 什么?!
You make the arrest. - No way!
你来逮捕他们 - 没门!
Sorry, you'll be fine. I'm cool with this.
抱歉 你没问题的 不用管我.
Jones will get all the credit if you leave now, you know he will.
要是你走了 功劳全归琼斯了 你知道他会抢功的.
Yeah, well, yeah, it doesn't matter, I have to go.
那个 我知道 没关系的 我必须要走了
Back up! I need maximum back up!Baker Street now!
请求增援! 最高等级的增援!马上前往贝克街!
What's going on?!
发生什么了?!
This is hard. - What?
这个真难 - 什么?
Really hard. Hardest thing I've ever had to do.
非常难 我从来没做过这么难的事
Do you know any funny stories about John?
你知道什么约翰的趣事么?
What?!
什么?!
I need anecdotes. Didn't go to any trouble, did you?
我需要些趣事 没有麻烦到你吧?


妙语佳句

Emphasis
n.强调;着重;(轮廓、图形等的)鲜明;突出,重读

Grant puts a special emphasis on weather in his paintings.
格兰特在他的绘画中特别注重天气。
The emphasis is on the first syllable of the last word.
重音在最后一个单词的第一个音节上。

-------------------------------------------------------

Encourage (pp. & pt. encouraged)
vt.鼓励,鼓舞;支持;促进;鼓动

When things aren't going well, he encourages me, telling me not to give up.
事情进展不顺的时候,他鼓励我说不要放弃。
Mr Blair said he had been encouraged by recent Irish statements about the issue.
布莱尔先生说最近爱尔兰有关这一问题的申明使他看到了希望。
Herbie Hancock was encouraged by his family to learn music at a young age...
赫尔比·汉考克年幼时家人就鼓励他学音乐。
Slow music encourages supermarket-shoppers to browse longer but spend more.
舒缓的音乐会促使超市购物者花更长的时间浏览商品的同时花更多的钱。

-------------------------------------------------------

Engage (pp. & pt. engaged)
vt.使参与;吸引;与…建立密切关系;与…交战
vi.订婚;承担义务;从事;紧密结合

You can engage in croquet on the south lawn.
你可以参加南边草坪上的槌球游戏。
We want to engage recognized leaders in discussion.
我们想和公认的领袖们进行讨论。
She had vowed to go out of her way to engage with the Irish people at local community level.
她已经发誓要努力和当地的爱尔兰人建立关系。

剧情百科

沃特斯家族再次抢劫金库,但这次不同的是,Sherlock已经回归了,沃特斯他们欢乐的抢劫中却不知道自己已经被有Sherlock帮助下的警方包围。就在Greg功成名就,一雪前耻的时候,一个救助电话终止了他;更让人意想不到的是,Sherlock的求助理由终结了他。


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.During the _____, wine was served...
幕间休息时有葡萄酒供应。
2.The match took nearly three hours and was _____ at times by rain.
比赛进行了将近3个小时,几次因雨而暂停


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.The company in recent months has placed a new emphasis its youtube division.
近几个月来,该公司开始重新重视YouTube业务。
2.I encourage people to vote in local elections.
鼓励人们参加当地选举投票。

分享到
重点单词
  • tunneln. 隧道,地道 v. 挖隧道,挖地道
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • arrestvt. 逮捕,拘留 n. 逮捕,拘留 vt. 阻止
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • encouragevt. 鼓励,促进,支持
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • lawnn. 草地,草坪 n. 上等细麻布
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的