BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第271期:有你此生足以
日期:2015-03-20 18:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


So, have you read it?
那么.你看过了吗?
Would you come here a moment? - No, tell me, have you?
能过来一下吗? - 不.告诉我.你看过了吗?
Just... Come here. - No, I'm fine.
你就过来吧. - 不.我没事.
I've thought long and hard about what I want to say to you.
关于要对你说什么.我想了好久.
These are prepared words, Mary.I've chosen these words with care. - OK.
我已经想好了.玛丽,我很小心地字斟句酌. - 好吧.
The problems of your past are your business.
你的过去是你自己的事情.
The problems of your future...are my privilege.
与你携手未来...是我的荣幸.
It's all I have to say, it's all I need to know.
这就是我想说的.这就是我需要知道的
No, I didn't read it.
不.我没有看过.
You don't even know my name.
你连我的名字都不知道呢.
Is "Mary Watson" good enough for you? - Yes. Oh my God, yes.
玛丽·华生对你来说不够好吗? - 够了.我的上帝.是的.
Then it's good enough for me, too.
对我来说也够了.
All this does not mean that I'm not still basically pissed off with you.
这一切并不代表,我就不生你的气了.
Hmm, I know, I know.
我知道.我知道.
I am very pissed off, and it will come out now and then. - I know, I know, I know.
我非常生气.时不时就会爆发. - 我知道.我知道.
You can mow the sodding lawn from now on.
从现在起你来负责修剪草坪.
I do mow the lawn. - I do it loads. - You really don't.
本来就是我在修剪草坪. - 明明是我. - 你真没有.
I choose the baby's name. - Not a chance. - OK.
我来给孩子取名字. - 想都别想. - 好吧.
I'm glad you've given up on the Magnussen business. - Are you?
很高兴你放弃了麦格纳森的事. - 是吗?
I'm still curious, though. He's hardly your usual kind of puzzle.Why do you hate him?
但我还是好奇.他不是你通常感兴趣的类型,为什么你那么恨他?
Because he attacks people who are different and preys on their secrets. Why don't you?
因为他攻击与众不同的人,靠他们的秘密为生.你为什么不恨他?
He never causes too much damage to anyone important.He's far too intelligent for that.
他从来没有给重要的人造成太多损害,他很聪明.知道什么该做什么不该做
He's a businessman, that's all.And occasionally useful to us.
他是个商人.仅此而已,偶尔还对我们有点用.
A necessary evil, not a dragon for you to slay.
必要之恶.而不是让你屠杀的龙.
A dragon-slayer. Is that what you think of me?
屠龙者.你认为我是那样的人吗?
No. It's what you think of yourself.
不.你自己认为你是那样的人.
Are you two smoking?! - No. - It was Mycroft.
你们两个在抽烟吗? - 没有. - 是麦考夫.
I have, by the way,a job offer I should like you to decline.
顺便说一声,我有一项希望你拒绝的工作.
I decline your kind offer.
我拒绝你提供的工作.
I shall pass on your regrets.
我会转达你的遗憾.
What was it? - MI6.They want to place you back into Eastern Europe.
是什么. - 军情六处,他们想让你重回东欧.
An undercover assignment that would prove fatal to you in,I think, about six months.
执行一项卧底任务,大概六个月后会害死你.
Then why don't you want me to take it?
那你为什么不希望我接受呢?
It's tempting, but on balance,you have more utility closer to home.
我真想让你去.但总的来说,你离家近点更有用.
Utility! How do I have utility?
有用.我怎么会有用?
Here be dragons.
这裡有龙.
This isn't agreeing with me.I'm going in.
这烟不适合我,我要进去了.
You need low tar. You still smoke like a beginner.
你需要低焦油型.你还是像个刚抽上烟的人
Also...Your loss would break my heart.
还有...失去你会让我心碎..
What the hell am I supposed to say to that?!
你这话我要怎么往下接?
Merry Christmas? - You hate Christmas.
圣诞快乐. - 你讨厌圣诞.
Yes. Perhaps there was something in the punch.
是啊.估计刚才喝的潘趣酒裡被加料了.
Clearly. Go and have some more..
肯定是.再去多喝点.
So you realise that Sherlock got us out here to see his mum and dad for a reason?
你知道夏洛克带我们,来这裡看他父母是有原因的吧?
His lovely mum and dad,a fine example of married life, I get that.
他有爱的爸爸妈妈,婚姻生活的典范.我懂了.
That is the thing with Sherlock, it's always the unexpected.Oi. Oi? Mary?
这就是夏洛克.总让人意想不到...喂.喂.玛丽?
Jesus Christ! Mary? Sit down.Mary, can you hear me?
上帝啊.玛丽.坐下?玛丽.你能听到我说话吗?
Don't drink Mary's tea.Or the punch.
不要喝玛丽的茶...或是潘趣酒.


妙语佳句

Precede (pp. & pt.preceded)
vt.& vi.在…之前发生或出现,先于;在…之上,优于;给…作序;处于…前面的位置

The earthquake was preceded by a loud roar and lasted 20 seconds...
地震前有一阵巨大的轰隆声,持续了20秒钟。
He gestured to Alice to precede them from the room...
他给艾丽斯做手势,让她在他们前面离开房间。
Look at the information that precedes the paragraph in question...
查看正在讨论的这段文字前面的信息。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy (pp. & pt.fantasied)
n.幻想;空想的产物;幻想作品;非正式的货币
vt.& vi.想像;幻想;奏幻想曲

The film is more of an ironic fantasy than a horror story.
这部影片与其说是恐怖片,不如说是带有讽刺意味的奇幻片。
A world of imagination, passion, fantasy, reflection.
一个充满想象、激情、梦幻和沉思的世界
Haskins said he has been playing fantasy baseball for the past five years.
哈斯金斯说过去 5 年他一直在玩虚拟棒球。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Premium
n.额外费用;保险费;附加费
adj.高昂的;优质的

It is too early to say whether insurance premiums will be affected.
现在说保险费是否会受影响还为时过早。
Even if customers want 'solutions', most are not willing to pay a premium for them...
即使顾客想得到“解决方案”,他们大多数也不愿意为此支付额外费用。
At the premium end of the market, business is booming.
高端市场业务繁荣。
If space is at a premium, choose adaptable furniture that won't fill the room.
如果空间有限,就选择一些不会把房间占得很满的可改装家具。

剧情百科

与你携手共度的不是你的前半生,而是你的后半世。其实所有的解释都源于John是真心爱Mary的,一切的坎坷在真爱前都显得苍白无力,反而让他们更加知道珍惜对方。
在最后的镜头,所有人的莫名失去知觉,像是Sherlock造成的,那他为何要迷倒所有人呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.A suppressed immune system puts a transplant _____ at risk of other infections.
接受器官移植的病人免疫系统受到抑制后很可能会感染其他疾病。
2.The fight against inflation took _____ over measures to combat the deepening recession...
抵制通货膨胀比抑制日益加剧的经济衰退更为重要


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Part of the attraction is Darwin's proximityto Asia...
达尔文市的魅力一部分在于它靠近亚洲。
2.What lib dems really want is a system that would give them seats in proportion totheir votes.
自民党真正想要的是一个给予他们和得票成正比的席位的体系。

分享到