BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第270期:Mary的真正身份
日期:2015-03-19 08:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


So, are you OK?
你还好吗?
Oh, are we doing conversation today? It really is Christmas.
今天我们说话了.圣诞节真的来了
Now?Seriously, months of silence and we're going to do this now?
现在吗?真的吗.沉默了几个月.我们现在要谈这个吗?
A.G.R.A., what's that? - Er... my initials.
A.G.R.A..什么意思? - 我名字的缩写.
Everything about who I was is on there.If you love me, don't read it in front of me.
我所有的背景都在这裡,如果你爱我.就别当著我的面看.
Why?
为什么?
Because you won't love me when you've finished and I don't want to see that happen.
因为你看完就不会再爱我了,我不希望事情会变成那样.
How much do you know already?
你已经知道了多少?
By your skill set, you are,or were, an intelligence agent.
根据你的身手.你是...或者曾经是个情报特务.
Your accent is currently English,but I suspect you are not.You're on the run from something.
你现在的口音是英国口音,但我怀疑你不是英国人,你因为某个原因在逃命.
You've used your skills to disappear.Magnussen knows your secret,which is why you were going to kill him.
并利用你的手段掩饰身份,麦格纳森知道你的秘密,所以你要杀了他.
And I assume you befriended Janine in order to get close to him.
我想你是为了接近他才去结交珍妮.
Oh, you can talk!
你好意思说这话!
Oh, look at you two, you should have got married.
看看你们两个.你们才是一对.
The stuff Magnussen has on me,I would go to prison for the rest of my life.
麦格纳森手上的东西,足以让我被终生监禁.
So you were going to kill him?
所以你就要杀了他?
People like Magnussen should be killed,that's why there are people like me.
麦格纳森这种人活该被杀,所以才会有我这种人存在.
Perfect!So that's what you were, an assassin?How could I not see that?
说得好,所以你就是一个杀手吗?我怎么会没看出来?
You did see that.And you married me.
你看出来了,所以才娶我.
Because he's right.It's what you like.
他说的对,你喜欢危险人物.
So, Mary, any documents that Magnussen has concerning yourself, you want extracted and returned.
玛丽.麦格纳森手上关于你的资料,有什么是你想拿回来的吗?
Why would you help me? - Because you saved my life.
你为什么要帮我? - 因为你救了我的命.
Sorry,sorry, what?
等等.什么?
When I happened on you and Magnussen...You had a problem.
当我发现你和麦格纳森时...你面临著一个问题.
More specifically, you had a witness.
准确地说.你有一个目击者.
What do you do now?
现在你该怎么办
Kill both of us?
杀了我们两个
The solution, of course, was simple. Kill us both and leave.
解决办法很简单.杀了我们两个然后离开''
However, sentiment got the better of you.
然而.情感佔了上风.
One precisely calculated shot to incapacitate me,
你用精准算计的一枪将我打倒.
in the hope that it would buy you more time to negotiate my silence.
希望你有更多时间与我协商,让我保持沉默.
Of course, you couldn't shoot Magnussen.
当然.你也不能杀掉麦格纳森.
On the night both of us broke into the building,your own husband would become a suspect. So...
我们两个那晚都闯入了大楼,你的丈夫会成为嫌疑犯.所以...
You calculated that Magnussen would use the fact of your involvement...
你估计,麦格纳森会利用你的介入...
rather than sharing the information with the police,as is his MO.
而不是告诉警察,一如他往常的作风...
And then you left the way you came.
然后你怎么来就怎么走了.
Have I missed anything?
我有说漏什么吗?
How did she save your life?
她是怎么救了你的命?
She phoned the ambulance.
她打电话叫了救护车.
I phoned the ambulance.
是我打电话叫的救护车.
She phoned first.
她先打的电话.
Emergency, which service do you require?
急救中心.您需要什么帮助?
You didn't find me for another five minutes.Left to you, I would have died.
你五分钟之后才发现我,要是靠你的话.我已经死了...
The average arrival time for a London ambulance is...
伦敦救护车的平均到达时间是...
Did somebody call an ambulance?
有人叫了救护车吗?
Eight minutes. Did you bring any morphine?I asked on the phone.
八分钟.你们带吗啡了吗?我在电话裡要求过,
We were told there was a shooting.
我们听说有人被枪击了.
There was, last week.
是的.上个星期.
But I believe I'm bleeding internally,my pulse is very erratic,you may need to restart my heart on the way...
但我觉得我现在内出血了,我的脉搏乱了,你们可能半路就要给我做心肺复苏...
Jesus, Sherlock. Come on, Sherlock.
天哪.夏洛克.快.夏洛克.
John, John, Magnussen is all that matters now.
约翰.麦格纳森现在是事情的关键.
You can trust Mary - she saved my life.
你可以信任玛丽.她救了我的命.
She shot you.
她开枪打了你.
Mixed messages, I grant you that... Argh!
的确让人有点捉摸不透.
Sherlock! Sherlock! Take him.Got him? - Yeah.
夏洛克.夏洛克.扶著他,扶稳了吗? - 是的


妙语佳句

Update (pp. & pt.updated)
vt.更新,使现代化;校正,修正
n.现代化;更新的信息;更新的行为或事例

Airlines would prefer to update rather than retrain crews.
航空公司更愿意换新员工而不是对旧员工重新进行培训。
She had heard the news-flash on a TV channel's news update.
她在一家电视台的新闻快讯中听到了这则简明新闻。
I would just update them on any news we might have.
我们一有新消息我就会告诉他们。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Prophet
n.预言家,先知;倡导者,主张者

I promised myself I'd defy all the prophets of doom and battle back to fitness.
我发誓要打破所有的死亡预言,力争恢复健康。
In accordance with islamic law, the prophet will not actually be depicted on screen.
按照伊斯兰法律的规定,先知的形象并不会出现在银幕上。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

At random
任意地,随便地;信;横七竖八;胡乱

International crises never flare up at random.
国际危机从来不是随随便便爆发的。
Or pick people in the audience at random, and ask them to weigh in. "
或随机挑选听众,邀请他们参与讨论。”

剧情百科


经过一系列的演绎...我们也终于知道了Mary是一名特工,为解决常人不能解决的事,比如,杀人。为什么不是一名杀手?你觉得杀手会把自己的终身的信息存在一个U盘里吗?这都不是重点,重点是,他们该如何解决Magnussen?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.Part of the attraction is Darwin's _____ to Asia...
达尔文市的魅力一部分在于它靠近亚洲。
2.What lib dems really want is a system that would give them seats _____ _____ _____ their votes.
自民党真正想要的是一个给予他们和得票成正比的席位的体系。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.The individual colours within the light spectrum are believed to have an effect on health.
光谱中不同的颜色被认为对健康有不同的影响。
2.The government promised to implement a new system to control financial loan institutions...
政府许诺实施新的制度来控制金融贷款机构。

分享到