BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第230期:被监视的禁卫士兵
日期:2014-09-28 16:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Dear Mr Holmes, my name is Bainbridge.
亲爱的福尔摩斯先生 我是班布里奇
I'm a Private in Her Majestys Household Guard.
我是皇家禁卫队的列兵
I'm writing to you about a personal matter...
写信给你是因为我自己的事...
One I dont care to bring before my superiors,it would sound so trivial.
这事不值得我向上级报告,因为说来太微不足道了
But I think someones stalking me.
我觉得有人在跟踪我
I'm used to tourists, its part of the job,but this is different.
我已见惯了游客 这是我工作的一部分,但这次不同
Someones watching me.
有人在监视我
He's taking pictures of me every day.
他每天都在偷拍我
I don't want to mention it to the Major, but its really preying on my mind.
我不愿意跟上校汇报 但这件事却使我感到困扰
Uniform fetishist? All the nice girls like a soldier.
恋制服癖? 所有女生都喜欢兵哥哥的
It's sailor. And Bainbridge thinks his stalker is a bloke.
是水手 而班布里奇认为监视他的人是男的
Let's go and investigate. Please.
一起出去调查吧 求你了
Elite guard. - 40 enlisted men and officers.
精英禁卫队 - 由40名士兵和军官组成-
Why this particular Grenadier? Curious.
为什么偏偏盯上这个步兵? 好奇怪
Now youre talking. - OK.
这才像你该说的话 -好.
Bye!
再见!
Er, were just going to... I need, um, Sherlock to help me choose some er...
我们打算去...我需要夏洛克帮我 挑一些...
Ties. - Socks.
领带 - 袜子
Why dont we go with socks? -Yeah.
去挑些袜子怎么样? - 好啊.
I mean, youve got to get the right ones.
我是说 你们得挑些合适的
Exactly, to go with my...
当然 去挑我的...
Tie. - Outfit.
领带 - 套装.
That'll take a while, right?
看来你们一时半会儿回不来了
Is my coat in there? -Yes.
外套在里面吗? - 在呢
I'm just going to take hI'm out for a bit. Run him.
我带他出去一会儿 让他活动活动
I know. You said youd find him a case. -Hmm.
我明白 你说你帮他找了个新案子 - 嗯
Coming, Sherlock? - Coming!
走了 夏洛克? - 马上!
Taxi!
出租车!


妙语佳句

Request (pp. & pt. requested)
n.要求;需要;所请求的事物;申请书
vt.(下级对上级的)请求;请求得到;索取;邀请[常接不定式或从句]

Mr Dennis said he had requested access to a telephone...
丹尼斯先生说他已经请求使用电话。
Students are requested to park at the rear of the Department.
学生必须把车停在该系后面。
Vietnam made an official request that the meeting be postponed.
越南已经正式请求将会议推迟。
If you have any requests, I'd be happy to play them for you.
您点播任何歌曲,我都会很乐意为您演奏。
The evacuation is being organised at the request of the United Nations Secretary General.
根据联合国秘书长的要求,正在组织撤退。

-------------------------------------------------------

Demand (pp. & pt. demanded)
vt.要求,请求;需要;[法]召唤;询问,盘问
n.需求;需要;要求,请求;销路
vi.需要;请求;查问

The hijackers are demanding to speak to representatives of both governments...
劫机者要求与两国政府的代表都进行对话。
He said the task of reconstruction would demand much patience, hard work and sacrifice...
他说重建任务将需要付出极大的耐心、艰辛和牺牲。
They consistently rejected the demand to remove US troops...
他们一再拒绝撤走美国部队的要求。
Another flight would be arranged on Saturday if sufficient demand arose...
如果需求量足够大,周六将再安排一趟航班。
Researchers wrongly assumed that people were quite clear about the demands of the task.
研究人员错误地认为大家都很清楚该项任务的要求。

-------------------------------------------------------

Plastic
n.塑料制品;〈口〉(使用)信用卡;整形;可塑体
adj.可塑的,塑性的,受范的,柔软的;造型的,塑造的,给与形态的;
塑料[塑胶]的,塑料[塑胶]制的,合成树脂做的;有形成力的,有创造力的

A lot of the plastics that carmakers are using cannot be recycled.
汽车制造商使用的许多塑料制品是无法回收利用的。
When girls put on too much eye-shadow, they look plastic.
女孩子如果把眼影涂得过重,看起来就不自然了。
Using plastic to pay for an order is simplicity itself.
用信用卡支付订单是很简单的事。
The mud is smooth, gray, soft, and plastic as butter.
这种泥浆呈灰色,它光滑、柔软,像黄油一样易塑。

剧情百科

看着Sherlock埋头苦干又百无聊赖地做一些与自己风格完全相反的事情,聪明伶俐的Marry与John唱了一场双簧,即让Sherlock不尴尬先场面又让他觉得John还是以前的John,一个热爱冒险侦查的好队友。

话说回来,一个男人监视另一个男人的动机是什么呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.If we'd all work together, I think we could _____ our goal...
只要大家齐心协力,我想我们就能实现目标。
2._____ is so damaging both to individuals and to communities.
失业对个人和社会都有极大的负面影响。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Why can't anybody around here follow through on a simple request?
为何没人搭理这么简单的请求呢?
2.There was still a long way to go. Nonetheless, some progress had been made...
路还很长,不过已经取得了一些进展。

分享到
重点单词
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • patiencen. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 n. 单人玩的牌戏
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • investigatev. 调查,研究 [计算机] 研究
  • sailorn. 海员,水手,扁平的硬边草帽
  • sufficientadj. 足够的,充分的
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的
  • eliten. 精华,精锐,中坚份子