BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第208期:天才的平凡父母
日期:2014-09-04 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Which wasn't the way I'd put it at all. Silly woman.
我不是那样放的.傻女人
Anyway, it was then that I first noticed it was missing.
不管怎样.那时我才意识到它不见了
I said, "Have you checked down the back of the sofa?"
我说.你找过沙发后面了吗
He's always losing things down the back of the sofa, aren't you, dear? - Afraid so.
他总是把东西掉到沙发后面吧.亲爱的. - 确实是这样
Oh, keys, small change, sweeties.Especially his glasses. - Glasses.
钥匙啦.零钱啦.糖果啦.特别是他的眼镜. - 眼镜.
Blooming things. I said, "Why don't you get a chain,wear them round your neck?"
可多啦.我说.你为什么不找条链子.把他们都拴在脖子上
And he says, "What, like Larry Grayson!" - Larry Grayson.
他说.像拉瑞·格雷森一样吗. - 拉瑞·格雷森
So did you find it eventually, your lottery ticket?
那你们最后找到彩票了吗
Well, yes, thank goodness.We caught the coach on time after all.
是啊.谢天谢地.我们最后赶上了车
We managed to see St Paul's, the Tower,but they weren't letting anyone into Parliament.
我们参观了圣保罗教堂.伦敦塔.但是议会大楼不让进
Some big debate going on.
里面在开大会
John? - Sorry, you're busy.
约翰.-抱歉.你忙着呢.
No, no, no, they were just leaving.
不不不.他们正要离开
No, oh, were we? - Yes.
是吗. - 是的.
No, no, if you've got a case...
你们要是在忙案子
No, not a case. Yeah, go.
不是案子.走吧
We're here till Saturday, remember. - Yes, wonderful. Just get out!
记住我们待到周六. - 太好了.快走.
Yes, well, give us a ring. - Very nice, yes, good. Get out!
要给我们打电话. - 好.出去!
I can't tell you how glad we are, Sherlock.
我们很高兴.夏洛克
All that time people thinking the worst of you.
那段时间大家都以为你是坏人
We're just so pleased it's all over.
我们很开心一切都结束了
Ring up more often, won't you?
多打电话.好吗
She worries.Promise? - Promise. - Oh, for God...
她很担心.你保证吗. - 我保证. - 天哪
Sorry about that. - No, it's fine.
抱歉. - 没关系
Clients? - Just my parents.
是客户吗? - 是我父母
Your parents? - In town for a few days.
你父母? - 来城里住几天.
Your parents? - Mycroft promised to take them to a matinee of Les Mis.Tried to talk me into doing it.
你父母? - 麦考夫答应带他们去看日场《悲惨世界》的.还想把我也拉去
Those were your parents? - Yes.
-那是你父母.-对-
Well... ..That is not what I... - What?
不是我想... - 什么
I mean, they're just so...ordinary.
我是说.他们很...平凡...
It's a cross I have to bear.
我必须背负的痛苦.



妙语佳句

Evaluate (pp. & pt.evaluated)
vt.评价;求…的值(或数);对…评价;[数学、逻辑学]求…的数值
vi.评价,估价

They will first send in trained nurses to evaluate the needs of the individual situation...
他们首先会派一些训练有素的护士来评估每个病人的需求。
Evaluation is standard practice for all training arranged through the school.
对学校组织的所有培训进行评估是例行的做法。

-------------------------------------------------------

Independent
adj.自主的;不相关连的;无党派的;不相干的人所做的(或提供的)
n.独立自主的人;无党派人士

We're going independent from the university and setting up our own group...
我们马上就将从大学分离出去,成立我们自己的团体。
The commission will operate independently of ministers.
委员会将独立运作,不受各部部长管辖。
There were benefits to being a single independent woman.
做一个单身、自立的女性好处多多。
We aim to help disabled students to live and study independently.
我们旨在帮助残疾学生尽可能独立地生活和学习。
Papua New Guinea became independent from Australia in 1975.
巴布亚新几内亚 1975 年脱离澳大利亚正式独立。

剧情百科

不当是John,我们也惊讶了。能生下Mycroft和Sherlock两个世界顶级天才的父母却是如此的平凡,就和大众人一样。这是基因的突变呢还是上帝给予他们的恩赐?不过因为拥有超高的智慧,对于父母,Sherlock貌似表现得不够尊敬啊!


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.She sees the bar as a starting point and _____ plans to run her own chain of country inns.
她把那间酒吧当作一个起点,最终计划是经营自己的乡村旅馆连锁店。
2.It seems _____ that this year's figure will fall much below last year's 75,000.
看来今年的数字不大可能比去年的 75,000 差太多。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.On the morning of the expedition I awoke with a feeling of impending disaster...

出发远征的那个早上,我醒来就有一种灾难即将来临的感觉。

2.You can ask a dealer for a discount whether you pay cash or buy on credit.
无论是付现还是赊购,都可以要求经销商打折。


分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • commissionn. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪 vt. 委任,委托
  • impendingadj. 逼迫的,迫切的,即将发生的 动词impend的
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • expeditionn. 远征,探险队,迅速
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子