BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第268期:床头打架床尾和
日期:2015-03-17 10:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Oh, dear God, it's only two o'clock.
天哪.居然才两点钟
It's been Christmas Day for at least a week now.How can it only be two o'clock? I'm in agony.
感觉这圣诞都过了一週了,怎么会才两点钟.简直痛不欲生.
Mikey, is this your laptop?
麦麦.这是你的笔记本吗?
Upon which depends the security of the free world, yes,and you've got potatoes on it!
自由世界的安全全靠它了.没错,而你却把马铃薯弄到了上面.
You shouldn't leave it lying around if it's so important.
如果这玩意很重要.你就不该到处乱放.
Why are we doing this? We never do this.
为什么要过圣诞.我们从不庆祝圣诞.
We are here because Sherlock is home from hospital and we are all very happy.
那是因为夏洛克刚出院,大家都很开心.
Am I happy too? I haven't checked.
我也很开心吗.我怎么不知道?
Behave, Mike!
乖乖的.麦克
Mycroft is the name you gave me,if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end. - Mrs Holmes.
你给我取得名字是麦考夫,你就一直用到死吧. - 福尔摩斯太太
Oh, thank you, dear. I'm not absolutely sure why you're here.
谢谢你.亲爱的.我都不知道你为什么会来?
I invited him.
我请他来的.
I'm his protege, Mrs Holmes.When he dies, I get all his stuff and his job.
我是他的门徒.福尔摩斯太太,如果他死了.我会继承他的物品和衣钵
No. - Oh, well, I help out a bit.
不. - 好吧.我就是个打杂的.
Closer.
差不多
If he does get murdered or something...
如果他惨遭毒手什么的...
Probably stop talking now. - OK.
你该闭嘴了. - 好吧.
Lovely when you bring your friends round.
你带朋友来家可真好.
Stop it, you. Somebody's put a bullet in my boy.
你给我闭嘴.有人朝我儿子开了一枪.
If I ever find out who, I shall turn absolutely monstrous.
如果让我揪出那个人.我绝不会客气.
This was for Mary. I'll be back in a minute.
这份是给玛丽的.我去去就回.
Ah. Mary. There you are.
玛丽.你在这裡啊.
Cup of tea. If Father starts making little humming noises,just give him a little poke. That usually does it.
给你杯茶.如果老头子开始哼哼唧唧,你就戳他一下.一般都会管用.
Did you write this?
这是你写的吗?
Oh, that silly old thing, you mustn't read that.Mathematics must seem terribly fatuous now.
那个过时的蠢东西.还是别读了,现在看来那些演算肯定够蠢的
No humming, you.
别哼唧了.
Complete flake, my wife, but happens to be a genius.
我妻子是个怪人.但也是个天才.
She was a mathematician?
她以前是数学家吗?
Gave it all up for children.I could never bear to argue with her.
为孩子放弃了大好前途,我最受不了的就是和她争论
I'm something of a moron myself.But she's...unbelievably hot.
我自己不怎么聪明.但是她 ,非常性感.
Oh my God, you're the sane one, aren't you? - Aren't you?
天哪,你是正常的那个.对吗? - 你不也是吗?
Oh. Sorry, I just, er...
抱歉.我刚刚...
Oh, you two need a moment? - If you don't mind?
你们两个需要单独待会吧? - 如果你不介意的话?
No, course not. I'll go and see if I can help with...something or another.
当然不.我去看看能不能,帮上什么忙...
Those two. They all right?
那两个人.他们两个还好吗?
Well, you know, they've had their ups and downs.
你懂的.夫妻之间总是起起落落


妙语佳句

Tariff
n.关税表;关税;价格表
vt.征收关税;定税率;定收费标准

America wants to eliminate tariffs on items such as electronics.
美国打算取消电子产品等的关税。
The daily tariff includes accommodation and unlimited use of the pool and gymnasium.
日常费用包括住宿以及游泳池和健身房的不限时使用。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorgeous
adj.华丽的,艳丽的;极好的,称心的;美丽动人的,光彩夺目的;令人愉快的,令人享受的

Some of the Renaissance buildings are gorgeous.
一些文艺复兴时期的建筑美得令人惊叹。
She has a gorgeously warm speaking voice.
她的嗓音温婉动听。
All the girls in my house are mad about Ryan, they think he's gorgeous.
跟我同住的女孩都对瑞安很痴迷,她们觉得他非常性感。
A red-haired man in the gorgeous uniform of a Marshal of the Empire.
身着华丽的帝国元帅服的红发男子

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Precipitate (pp. & pt.precipitated)
vt.下掷,由高处抛下;使提前或突然发生;[气象] 使凝结而下降;[化]使沉淀
vi.[气象]凝结;[化]沉淀;倒落,一头栽下
adj.仓促行进的,匆促的;轻率的,冲动行事的水蒸气,降水;突然发生的
n.[化]沉淀物;结果,产物

The killings in Vilnius have precipitated the worst crisis yet...
维尔纽斯的几起谋杀事件导致了迄今为止最严重的危机。
Many of our current problems have been caused by precipitate policy making in the past.
我们目前的很多问题都是由过去仓猝制定的政策导致的。
Somebody hired from another country is not likely to resign precipitately...
外国雇员不可能贸然辞职。

剧情百科


Billy,拥有敏锐洞察力和超强逻辑能力,可惜却没有用武之地。不过是金子总会发亮的,现在他成为Sherlock的门徒。那么成为Sherlock的门徒后,Billy也频繁出现在荧幕中,那么将来会不会代替了John的位置呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.Sloan began his _____ with the day of the murder.
斯隆以发生谋杀案的那天作为故事的开端。
2._____ _____ memories, she came home with several mementoes.
她带了一些纪念品回家,连同她的美好回忆。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Where hurricane sandy destroyed homes and businesses.
桑迪飓风摧毁了他们的家园和企业。
2.There was a Labour rebellion when some left-wing MPs voted against the Chancellor's tax cuts...
工党内部发生内讧,一些左翼国会议员对财政大臣提出的减税政策投了反对票。

分享到