BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第218期:黑暗里的神秘人
日期:2014-09-15 10:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Sherlock, please, I beg of you.You can take over at the interval.
夏洛克.我求你了.你可以在幕间休息时接替我.
Oh, I'm sorry, brother dear, but you made a promise.
抱歉.亲爱的老哥.但你保证过了
Nothing I can do to help.
我完全帮不上
But you don't understandthe pain of it, the horror.
但你不知道这有多痛苦.多可怕''
Come on, you'll have to go down, they want the story.
走吧.该下去了.他们等着报道呢
In a minute.
就去
I'm really pleased, Mary. Have you set a date?
真是太棒了.玛丽.你们定日子了吗
Well, we thought May.
我们想五月结婚
Ah, a spring wedding. - Yeah.
春季婚礼. - 是啊!
Well, once we've actually got engaged. - Yeah.
等我们真正订婚了就定下日子. - 是啊!
We were interrupted last time. - Yeah.
上次被人打断了. - 是啊,
Well, I can't wait.
等不及了
You will be there, Sherlock?
你会去吧.夏洛克
Weddings, not really my thing.
我不是很喜欢婚礼
Hello, everyone. - Hello, Molly.
大家好. - 你好啊.茉莉
This is Tom. Tom, this is everyone.
这是汤姆.汤姆.来见见大家.
It's really niceto meet you all.
能见到你们太好了
Wow! Yeah, hi, I'm John, good to meet you.
你好.我是约翰.见到你很高兴
Ready? - Ready.
准备好了吗. - 好了!
Champagne?
喝点香槟吗
Yes.Thanks. - Thank you.
好啊.谢谢. - 谢谢.
Sit down, love. - Oh, thanks.
坐吧. - 谢谢.
So um...Is it serious, you two? - Yeah. I've moved on.
那么...你们是认真的吗? - 是啊.我已经往前看了.
Did you...?
你...
I'm not saying a word. - No, best not.
我什么都不会说. - 那最好.
But I'm still waiting. Why did they try and kill me?
但我还在等呢?他们为什么想杀我?
If they knew you were onto them, why come after me?Put me in a bonfire?
如果他们知道你发现了他们的事.为什么要找上我?把我放在篝火里烤?
I don't know. I don't like not knowing.
不知道.我不喜欢这种感觉
Unlike the nicely embellished fictions on your blog, John,real life is rarely so neat.
不像你博客里修饰润色过的博文.约翰.现实生活要麻烦得多
I don't know who was behind all this, but I will find out,I promise you.
我不知道是谁做的.但我会查出来.我保证!
Don't pretend you're not enjoying this.Being back. Being a hero again.
别装作你不享受这些,死而复生.又变成大英雄.
Don't be stupid. - You'd have to be an idiot not to see it.You love it.
别傻了. - 真是傻子才看不出呢?你就喜欢这样.
Love what? - Being Sherlock Holmes.
哪样? - 做夏洛克·福尔摩斯.
I don't even know whatthat's supposed to mean.
我都不知道那是什么意思?
Sherlock, you are going to tell me how you did it?
夏洛克.你会告诉我你是怎么做的吧?
How you jumped off that building and survived?
你是怎么跳下楼却毫发无伤?
You know my methods, John, I am known to be indestructible. - No, but seriously.
你了解我.约翰.我是坚不可摧的. - 说真的
When you were dead, I went to your grave.
你"死"后.我去给你上坟
I should hope so.
那太好了
I made a little speech.I actually spoke to you.
我还说了好多话,我对着你的坟墓说话.
I know. I was there.
我知道.我看到了
I asked you for one more miracle.I asked you to stop being dead.
我要你再给我一个奇迹.我求你不要死.
I heard you.
我听到了
Anyway, time to go and be Sherlock Holmes.
好了.该去做夏洛克·福尔摩斯了
John!John!John!
约翰!约翰!约翰!
John!John!John!John!
约翰!约翰!约翰!约翰!


妙语佳句

Appearance
n.外貌,外观;出现,露面;[哲]现象

Keegan made 68 appearances in two seasons for Southampton, scoring 37 times.
基冈为南安普敦队踢了两个赛季,共上场68次,进球37个。
A flat-roofed extension will add nothing to the value or appearance of the house.
增建一个平顶房既不会使房子增值也不会使其更美观。
The sudden appearance of a few bags of rice could start a riot.
突然出现几袋大米可能会引起骚乱。
Fears are growing of a cholera outbreak following the appearance of a number of cases in the city.
该市出现几起霍乱病例之后,人们对霍乱爆发的恐惧越来越强烈。
We tried to meet both children's needs without the appearance of favoritism or unfairness...
我们尽力对两个孩子的需要都予以满足,而不显得有所偏向或袒护。

-------------------------------------------------------

Credit (pp. & pt. credited)
n.信誉,信用;[金融]贷款;荣誉;学分
vt.相信,信任;归功于;[会]记入贷方;赞颂

You can ask a dealer for a discount whether you pay cash or buy on credit.
无论是付现还是赊购,都可以要求经销商打折。
The idea that I could be charged when I'm in credit makes me very angry...
想到账户里有余额时还要收费,我就非常气愤。
She noticed that only $80,000 had been credited to her account...
她注意到自己的账户里只存进了80,000美元。
The statement of total debits and credits is known as a balance.
总借记和总贷记的结算即账户余额。
Japan has provided about $2.5 billion in credits to Russia and about $50 million in direct aid.
日本向俄罗斯提供了约25亿美元的借款和价值约5,000万美元的直接援助。

-------------------------------------------------------

Reconsider (pp. & pt. reconsidered)
vt.重新考虑;重新审议
vi.重新考虑

If at the end of two years you still feel the same, we will reconsider.
如果两年后你还是同样的感觉,我们会重新考虑。
The report urges reconsideration of the decision.
这个报告强烈要求重新考虑这一决定。

剧情百科

戴着猎鹿帽的Sherlock依旧十分帅气,不过John却没有戴上他旧时的帽子,这显得他们两个不够合称。这是否将于Marry结婚有关呢哈?

在视频最后段落,一个中年神秘人盯着荧幕细看,荧幕中的内容却是与John出事那天有关。那么,这神秘人到底是友是敌呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.It criticized the _____ and crossed out his criticism.
它批评了评论家并删去了他的评论。
2.The case is ______ and horribly tragic.
这一案例十分轰动,也是十足的惨剧。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.What do you dislike most about your appearance?
你对自己的外表最不满意什么?
2.The group can't get credit to buy farming machinery...
这些人无法赊购到农用机械。

分享到
重点单词
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • reconsiderv. 重新考虑,再斟酌
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信
  • dislikev. 不喜欢,厌恶 n. 不喜爱,厌恶,反感
  • miraclen. 奇迹
  • machineryn. (总称)机器,机械