BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第143期:智商高的人情商低
日期:2013-07-25 13:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Thanks, Bill.
谢谢,比尔,
So they didn't have it put down then, the dog?
这么说他们没杀死那条狗,
Obviously.I suppose they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.
显然.估计他们只是下不了手,
I see. - No, you don't.
懂了, - 不,你不懂,
No, I don't. Sentiment? - Sentiment.
-好吧,我不懂,这算多愁善感吗,-是的,
Listen, what happened to me in the lab?
那个,我在实验室里是怎么回事,
Do you want some sauce with that?
你要加点沙司吗,
I hadn't been to the Hollow.How come I heard those things there?
我没去过山谷, 我怎么会听到那种声音,
Fear and stimulus, you said?
你说的恐惧和刺激,
You must have been dosed with it elsewhere. In the lab, maybe?
你肯定在别处被下药了,也许在实验室里,
You saw those pipes, pretty ancient, leaky as a sieve.
你看到那些管子了,年代久远,可能泄露了,
And they were carrying the gas,
而那里面是有气体的,
so... Ketchup was it, or brown? - Hang on.
那,来点番茄酱吗,-慢着, -
You thought it was in the sugar.You were convinced it was in the sugar.
你以为是在糖里, 你当时确定是在糖里,
I'd better get going, there's a train leaving in half an hour, so if you want...
我最好快走了,火车还有一个半小时就开了, 所以如果你想...,
God! It was you.You locked me in that bloody lab.
老天,是你, 你把我关在那该死的实验室里,
I had to, it was an experiment. - An experiment?!
我不得不这么做,那是个试验,- 试验,
I was terrified, Sherlock, I was scared to death!
我吓坏了,夏洛克,快吓死了,
I thought the drug was in the sugar, so I put some in your coffee.
我以为毒药在糖里,所以在你咖啡里放了糖,
Then I arranged everything with Major Barrymore.
接着我找巴里莫尔少校安排了一切,
Totally scientific, laboratory conditions, literally.
完全科学的实验控制环境,真心的,
All right, keep talking, I'll find you.Keep talking.
好吧,接着说,我这就来找你, 接着说,
I can't, it'll hear me. - Tell me what you're seeing.
不行,它会听到我, - 说你看到什么了,
I don't know, but I can hear it now.
我不知道,但我能听见它的声音,
I knew what effect it had had on a superior mind,
我知道毒药对天才大脑的作用,
so I needed to try it on an average one.You know what I mean.
所以我得在常人的大脑上试试, 你知道我是什么意思,
But it wasn't in the sugar.
但药不在糖里,
No, well, i wasn't to know you'd already been exposed to the gas.
我不知道你已经接触过气体了,
So you got it wrong. - No.
所以你搞错了,-没有,
You were wrong. It wasn't in the sugar, you got it wrong. - A bit.
你就是错了,不在糖里,你弄错了,-错了一点,
It won't happen again.
不会再错了,
Any long-term effects?
有长期副作用吗,
None at all. You'll be fine once you've excreted it. We all will.
不会,你排泄掉了就没事了,我们都会这样,
I think I might have taken care of that already.
那我想我已经搞定这个问题了,
Where are you going? - I won't be a minute.
你去哪,-马上回来,
Got to see a man about a dog.
去找个男人聊聊一条狗,

妙语佳句

Arrange (pt&pp.arranged)
vt.把…(系统地)分类;整理;改编(剧本等);达成…的协议
vi.(就某事与某人)达成协议,(与某人)商定(某事)(with a person about 或 for a thing);[音乐](尤指专业)改编乐曲

I've arranged to see him on Friday morning...
我已安排好星期五上午见他。
How do you arrange the dials?
你怎样排列控制盘呢?

------------------------------------------------------
Depend (pt&pp.depended)
vi.依靠;依赖;信赖;决定于

How much it costs depends upon how much you buy.
价钱决于你买多买少。

------------------------------------------------------
Free of charge
n.免费;分文不取;白;不取分文

This penalises responsible folk who have saved and invested, say those who think care should be provided free of charge.
这对有积蓄和投资的有责任感的人是不利的,他们认为应当提供免费保障。

------------------------------------------------------
Expose to
暴露于;公开揭露

To expose to danger or harm.
暴露于危险和伤害之下。

剧情百科


谈感情?Sherlock还是算了吧。冷酷无情的Sherlock是不懂人与人之间的感情,更何况是其他的呢。不过Sherlock做了亏心事还是会表现的不自然,尤其是John面前,一个能读懂他的男人,一个能在他最得意时泼他冷水的男人。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.They could cope with the _____ for longer。
他们能够抵抗这种病症更长的时间。
2.He rewrote the book ______ further research.
他根据进一步的研究重写了那部书。

上期答案:

1.But peace does not depend only on israel.
但是和平也不仅仅依靠以色列就可实现。
2.Within five years, any non-intentional damage will be repaired free of charge.
在五年之内,任何非故意的损失,我们都提供免费维修。

本期答案:

1.They could cope with the disease for longer.
他们能够抵抗这种病症更长的时间。
2.He rewrote the book in the light of further research.
根据进一步的研究重写了那部书。

分享到
重点单词
  • arrangevt. 安排,整理,计划,改编(乐曲) vi. 协商,计
  • sentimentn. 感情,情趣,意见,观点,多愁善感
  • superiorn. 上级,高手,上标 adj. 上层的,上好的,出众的
  • exposedadj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,
  • exposevt. 揭露,使暴露,使曝光,使面临
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • hollown. 洞,窟窿,山谷 adj. 空的,虚伪的,空腹的 v