BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第151期:天使与恶魔的较量
日期:2013-09-16 14:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Most people knock. But then, you’re not most people, I suppose. Kettle’s just boiled.
一般人会先敲门。不过我想你也不是一般人。水正好开了。
Johann Sebastian would be appalled. May I ? - Please.
巴赫都会震惊的。能坐吗? - 请。
You know when he was on his deathbed, Bach, he heard his son at the piano playing one of his pieces.
你知道吗?巴赫临死前听见自己的儿子在弹奏他的作品。
The boy stopped before he got to the end.
还没弹完男孩就不弹了
The dying man jumped out of bed,ran to the piano and finished it.
那个弥留之人就跳下床,跑到钢琴边弹完了整首曲子。
Couldn’t cope with an unfinished melody.
无法忍受未完成的乐章。
Neither can you, that’s why you’ve come.
你也是,所以你才过来。
Be honest, you’re a tiny bit pleased.
实话说,你有那么点开心。
What? With the verdict?
你说审判结果么?
With me, back on the streets. Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain.
是我又回来兴风作浪了。每个童话故事都要有个老派的坏蛋。
You need me or you’re nothing.
你需要我,否则你屁都不是。
Because we’re just alike, you and I, except you’re boring.
因为我们本来就很像。只是你比我无聊,
You’re on the side of the angels.
因为你站在正义那一方。
You got to the jury, of course.
当然,你控制了陪审团。
I got into the Tower of London, you think I can’t worm my way into 12 hotel rooms?
我都能闯入伦敦塔,12间酒店房间又算什么。
Cable network.
有线网。
Every hotel bedroom has a personalised TV screen.
每个房间都有私人电视屏幕。
And every person has their pressure point. Someone that they want to protect from harm. Easy peasy.
每个人都有自己的弱点,都有自己想保护的人。小菜一碟。
So how are you going to do it? Burn me?
你打算怎么做?毁了我?
That’s the problem, the final problem. Have you worked out what it is yet?
就是这谜题,最后的谜题。你想到最后一案到底是什么了吗?
What’s the final problem. I did tell you, but did you listen?
我告诉过你,不过你仔细听了吗?

妙语佳句

Pressure (pt&pp.pressured)
n.压(力);压力;气压(或血压)(的缩略形式);压(迫)感
vi.施加压力;迫使;使(机舱等)增压

The best way to treat such bleeding is to apply firm pressure.
治疗这种流血的最好方法就是牢牢将伤口压住
Even if I had the talent to play tennis I couldn't stand the pressure...
即使我有打网球的天赋,我也无法承受这种压力
The Government should not be pressured into making hasty decisions...
政府不应该迫于压力仓促作出决定。

------------------------------------------------------
Decent
adj.正派的;得体的;(服装等)相称的,合宜的;相当好的

Nearby is a village with a decent pub...
附近的村子里有一家还不错的酒馆。
The jury will see what a decent guy he is.
陪审团将会认识到他是一个多么正派的人。

------------------------------------------------------
Enter for
报名参加

My parents pressed me to enter for the competition.
我父母竭力劝我报名参加这个比赛。


剧情百科


通过私人电视屏幕恐吓控制陪审团对于Moriarty来说的确是轻而易举,不过现在站在他的面前是Sherlock,这些伎俩明显行不通。但看着Moriarty自信满满的样子,他又会用什么计谋玩弄Sherlock呢?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Purchasing-power destruction is much more _____ by the fed.
购买力损毁对美联储来说更为可取点。
2.He was declared to _____ lack of evidence.
因为证据不足他被宣告无罪

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.(Decent) valuations don't always spell instant success.
体面的估值并非总意味着会马上成功。
2.He is anxious to (enter for) the competition.
他很想去参加比赛。

分享到
重点单词
  • melodyn. 旋律,曲子,美的音乐,曲调
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • decentadj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • verdictn. 裁定,定论
  • juryn. 陪审团,评委会 adj. 临时用的 vt. 挑选
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • unfinishedadj. 未完成的
  • bleedingn. 出血;渗色 adj. 流血的;同情的 v. 出血;