BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第264期:珍惜你爱的人和爱你的人
日期:2015-03-13 12:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Mary.He's only bloody woken up.He's pulled through.
玛丽.他才醒过来.他挺过来了.
Really? Seriously?
真的吗?
You...Mrs Watson, you're in big trouble. - Really? Why?
你...华生太太.你麻烦大了. - 真的吗.为什么
His first word when he woke up..."Mary."
他醒来的第一句话是..."玛丽"
You don't tell him.Sherlock?
你不要告诉他?夏洛克.
You don't tell John.
你不要告诉约翰.
Bad girl.Bad, bad girl.
坏女孩,好坏的女孩
Look at me...And tell me you're not going to tell him.
看著我...跟我说你不会告诉他.
I'm buying a cottage.I've made a lot of money out of you, mister.
我要买一栋小别墅,我靠你赚了不少钱.先生
Nothing hits the spot like revenge with profits.
没什么比复仇牟利更让人开心的了
You didn't give those stories to Magnussen, did you?
你没有把这些报导卖给麦格纳森吧
God, no. One of his rivals.He was spitting.
怎么会呢.给了他的一个对手,他可开心了
Sherlock Holmes, you are a back-stabbing,heartless, manipulative bastard.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯.你是个背后伤人,没心没肺的操控狂
And you, as it turns out, are a grasping, opportunistic,publicity-hungry, tabloid whore.
而你.却是个贪婪的.投机取巧的,追求曝光率的小报婊
So, we're good then? - Yeah, of course.
那我们扯平了吗? - 是的.当然了
Where's the cottage? - Sussex Downs.
你的小别墅在哪. - 苏塞克斯唐斯
Nice. - It's gorgeous.
很好. - 它棒极了
There's beehives, but I'm getting rid of those.
那裡有些蜂巢.但我会弄走的.
Oh, it hurts, does it?Probably want to restart your morphine.
很疼吧.是不是,你也许该继续摄入吗啡
I might have fiddled with the taps.
我可能刚才碰到了开关
How much more revenge are you going to need?
你还要向我报多少仇啊
Just the occasional top-up.Dream come true for you, this place.
就是偶尔捉弄你两下,在这地方你可是梦想成真了
They actually attach the drugs to you.
他们主动给你注射药物呢
Not good for working.
这可不利于工作
You won't be working for a while, Sherl.You lied to me.You lied and lied.
你最近一阵不会工作了.夏尔,你对我撒了谎,你一而再再而三地撒谎
I exploited the fact of our connection. - When?
我只是充分利用了我们的关系. - 什么时候
Just once would have been nice.
哪怕有一句是真的也好
I was waiting till we got married.
我本打算等我们结婚了
That was never going to happen.
我根本不会嫁给你
Got to go.I'm not supposed to keep you talking.
我得走了,我得让你多休息
And also, I have an interview with The One Show and I haven't made it up yet.
而且我和《名人大话堂》有一场访谈,但我还没编好怎么说呢?
Just one thing...you shouldn't have lied to me.
还有一件事,你不该对我撒谎.
I know what kind of man you are,but we could have been friends.
我知道你是个什么样的男人,我们本可以做朋友
I'll give your love to John and Mary.
我会代你向约翰和玛丽问好
You don't tell him.You don't tell John.
你不要告诉他,你不要告诉约翰
So...Mary Watson...
那么...玛丽·华生..
Who are you?Mary Watson.
你到底是谁..玛丽·华生


妙语佳句

Ascend (pp. & pt.ascended)
vt.攀登;继承;占领
vi.上升;爬坡;追溯

Then we ascend steeply through forests of rhododendron.
然后我们在杜鹃花丛中沿着陡坡向上爬。
A number of staircases ascend from the cobbled streets onto the ramparts.
一段石阶从鹅卵石路上一直向上直通城墙。
Nott and Dickinson set a new altitude record when they ascended 55,900 feet in their balloon.
诺特和迪金森乘坐热气球上升了55,900英尺,创造了一项新的高度纪录。
Before ascending to the bench, she was a lawyer in a large New York firm.
在升为法官之前,她是纽约一家大型律所的律师。
They move freely from one department to another as they ascend the civil service ladder.
随着仕途晋升,他们可以在部门间随意调动。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Charm (pp. & pt.charmed)
n.魔力;魅力;咒文;(表链等的)小装饰品
vt.使陶醉;诱惑;对…行魔法;令人陶醉

The house had its charms, not the least of which was the furniture that came with it.
这座房子有其吸引人的地方,比如和房子配套的家具就很出彩。
He was a man of great charm and distinction.
他这个人魅力十足,卓尔不群。
The Indians, in turn, were charmed by the famous author's cultured and civilised outlook...
而印第安人呢,则为那位著名作家有教养的、开化的见解而折服。
He charmed his way out of trouble.
他运用自己的魅力摆脱了麻烦。
He is good at charming money out of companies.
他擅长利用自己的魅力从各家公司套钱。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Marginal
adj.边的,边缘的;旁注的;临界的,最低限度的;收入仅敷支出的

The role of the opposition party proved marginal.
结果显示反对党的作用微乎其微。
The tribunals were established for the well-integrated members of society and not for marginal individuals...
特别法庭是为主流社会成员、而非个体设立的。
The coalition won a majority of the vote but failed to win enough of the key marginals.
该政党联盟赢得了绝大多数选票,但却未赢得足够多的关键边缘席位的选票。
The poor are forced to farm in more marginal lands higher up the mountains.
穷人们被迫在山峦更高处的更为贫瘠的土地上耕作。
For low-paid workers, the marginal tax rate is at least 75%.
对于低收入的工人来说,边际税率至少为75%。

剧情百科


其实我们也知道,Sherlock与Janine在一起肯定是有目的的,而Sherlock对于自己利用到爱他的人并伤害她,没有感到一丝怜悯与同情。相反,他很清醒的回想着Mary,她究竟是谁呢?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.He was being investigated for receiving _____.
他因收受贿赂正在接受调查。
2.The whole nation had _____ the death of their great leader...
举国向去世的伟大领袖表示了深深的哀悼


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.The house has a spacious kitchen and dining area.
这座房子有一个宽敞的厨房和用餐区。
2.Interest rates could fall soon and be a stimulus to the US economy...
利率可能很快就会下调,从而刺激美国经济。

分享到