BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第261期:意想不到的结果
日期:2015-02-11 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


What are you going to do?
你打算做什麽?
Well, not actually marry her, obviously.There's only so far you can go.
当然不会真的和她结婚.做到这裡就差不多了
So, what will you tell her?
那麽你打算和她怎麽说?
Well, I'll tell her that our entire relationship was a ruse to break into her boss's office.
和她说.我骗了她的感情.为的是进她老板的办公室.
I imagine she'll want to stop seeing me at that point, but you're the expert on women.
我想到时.她不会再见我了.但女性专家不是你吗
So, where did she go?
她去哪了?
That's a bit rude. I just proposed to her.
这可有点不礼貌啊.我刚求过婚
Sherlock.
夏洛克
Did she faint?Do they really do that?!
她晕倒了吗?女人真会这样吗?
It's a blow to the head.She's breathing.
头部受到撞击.她还在呼吸
Janine?
珍妮?
Another in here.Security.
这裡还有一个.是保全.
Does he need help?
他需要帮助吗?
Ex-con.White supremacist by the tattoos, so who cares?
有前科.有白人种族主义者的纹身.管他呢
Stick with Janine.
照顾好珍妮
Janine, focus on my voice. Can you hear me?
珍妮.听我说.能听到我说话吗
Hey, they must still be here.
他们肯定还在这裡
So is Magnussen. His seat's still warm.He should be at dinner, but he's still in the building.
麦格纳森也是.他的椅子还有温度.他应该在吃晚饭.但是他还在楼内
Upstairs.
楼上
We should call the police.
要不要报警
During our own burglary?You're really not a natural at this, are you?
我们正在入室行窃,你太不适合干这行了吧?
No, wait. Sssh.
不.等等.
Perfume and not Janine's.Claire de la Lune.Why do I know it?
这不是珍妮的香水,月光香水.我怎麽会知道
Mary wears it.
玛丽喷这款
No, not Mary. Somebody else.
不.不是玛丽.是别人
Sherlock!
夏洛克
What would your husband think?Your lovely husband,upright and honourable,
你丈夫会怎麽想.你可爱的丈夫.他那麽正直.那麽受人尊敬?
so English. What would he say to you now?
那麽绅士.他现在会和你说什麽?
No, no!You're doing this to protect him from the truth?
不.不要.你这麽做就为了不让他知道真相
Well, is this the protection he would want?
但这是他想要的保护吗
Additionally, if you're going to commit murder,you might consider changing your perfume, Lady Smallwood.
另外.如果你打算杀人.你最好换一款香水.斯茅伍德夫人
Sorry. Who?
抱歉.你说谁?
That's...not Lady Smallwood, Mr Holmes.
这不是斯茅伍德夫人.福尔摩斯先生.
Is John with you? - He's, um...
约翰和你在一起吗. - 他...
Is John here? - He's downstairs.
约翰在这裡吗? - 他在楼下.
So, what do you do now?Kill us both?
你现在要做什麽?杀了我们两个?
Mary, whatever he's got on you,let me help.
玛丽.不管他抓住你什麽把柄.让我帮你解决
Oh, Sherlock, if you take one more step,I swear I will kill you.
夏洛克.如果你再上前一步.我发誓我会杀了你
No, Mrs Watson...you won't.
不会的.华生太太...你不会的
I'm sorry, Sherlock.I truly am.
对不起.夏洛克.真的.
Mary?
玛丽


妙语佳句

Fragile
adj.易碎的,脆的;虚弱的

The fragile economies of several southern African nations could be irreparably damaged...
一些南非国家的脆弱经济可能会被彻底破坏,无法挽回。
By mid-1988 there were clear indications of the extreme fragility of the Right-wing coalition.
到 1988 年年中,有明显迹象表明右翼联盟极度脆弱。
Older drivers are more likely to be seriously injured because of the fragility of their bones.
老司机由于骨骼脆化更有可能受重伤。
The haircut emphasised her fragile beauty.
发型突出了她的精致之美。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hinder (pp. & pt.hindered)
vt.& vi.阻碍,妨碍;成为阻碍
adj.后面的,后方的

Further investigation was hindered by the loss of all documentation on the case.
由于案件卷宗全部丢失致使进一步的调查受阻。
Landslides and bad weather are continuing to hinder the arrival of relief supplies to the area.
滑坡和恶劣天气仍在阻碍救援物资运送到该地区。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspiration
n.灵感;鼓舞人心的人或事;启发灵感的人(或事物);吸气

What better way of finding inspiration for your own garden than by visiting others.
还有什么比参观别人花园更好的获取灵感、扮靓自家花园的方法呢。
She was a great inspiration. She was the person who impressed us with the importance of research.
她极大地鼓舞了我们,让我们深刻了解到研究的重要性。
The inspiration behind the reforms was a paper written in 1985.
改革的想法源于 1985 年的一篇论文。

剧情百科


Mary?裹着黑行衣,单独一人从警卫深严的底层爬到最高层,还打伤了保镖,拿枪对着Magnussen。丝毫没有顾虑的对着Sherlock开枪。这...还是Mary吗?


考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.


1.The following year Parliament voted to _____ the death penalty for murder...
议会于翌年表决对谋杀罪废除死刑。
2.He argued that the economic recovery had been _____ by his tough stance.
他认为他的强硬立场推动了经济的复苏。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.That would be enough to make sure we fell within the parameters of our loan agreement.
那就足以确保我们符合贷款协议的范围
2.He was notably absent from the company's conference call.
值得注意的是,他缺席了苹果公司的电话会议。


分享到
重点单词
  • recoveryn. 恢复,复原,痊愈
  • hinderadj. 后面的 vt. 阻碍,打扰 vi. 阻碍
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • inspirationn. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • extremeadj. 极度的,极端的 n. 极端,极限