BBC《新福尔摩斯》精讲第132期:服从命令是军人的绝对态度
日期:2012-11-27 14:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Afternoon, sir. Can you turn the engine off? Thank you.
下午好 先生 请关闭引擎 谢谢
I need to see Major Barrymore as soon as we get inside. Right.
我一进去就得去找巴里莫尔少校 好的
Which means you'll have to start the search for the hound. OK.
所以 你来找那条猎犬 好
In the labs. Stapleton's first. It could be dangerous.
在实验室找 先找斯坦佩顿那里 可能会很危险
Oh, you know I'd love to. I'd love to give you unlimited access to this place. Why not?
你也知道我很乐意 我当然乐意让你在这里为所欲为 为什么不呢
It's a simple enough request, Major.
这个请求很简单 少校
I've never heard of anything so bizarre.
我可从没听过这么荒谬的说法
You're to give me 24 hours, it's what I negotiated.
你要给我24小时 这是说定了的
Not a second more.
一秒也不许多待
I may have to comply with this order, but I don't have to like it.
我不得不服从命令 但我不必非要喜欢
I don't know what the hell you expect to find here, anyway.
我不明白你究竟想在这找到什么
Perhaps the truth.
或许是真相
About what? Oh, I see. The big coat should have told me.
什么真相 我懂了 瞧你这身打扮 我早该看出来
You're one of the conspiracy lot, aren't you?
你也是个相信阴谋论的家伙吧
Well, then, go ahead, seek them out, the monsters, the death rays, the aliens.
那好 去吧 发掘真相吧 什么怪物 致命射线 外星人
Have you got any of those? Oh, just wondering.
你这有这些东西吗 我就是好奇而已
A couple. Crash landed here in the '60s. A couple. Crash landed here in the '60s.
有两个 60年代在这里坠机了 我们叫它们两傻组合
Good luck, Mr Holmes.
祝你好运 福尔摩斯先生

重点讲解
一.turn off:关掉,关闭;拐弯,使转变方向
e.g.:If so, you can turn off the alarms.
如果是这样,可以关闭警报。
二.as soon as:一…就…
e.g.:I phoned him so that he shall come as soon as possible.
我给他打了个电话,让他能尽可能快地到来。
三.heard of:听说
e.g.:The young author burned energy as if he never heard of resting.
这位青年作家耗费精力,似乎从未听说过休息。
四.access to:接近;有权使用;通向…的入口
e.g.:You can turn on and off access to any of these groups.
您可以打开或关闭对任何这些组的访问。
五.go ahead:前进;进行
e.g.:Go ahead try it, I dare you.
我敢说你不会去尝试推卸。
六.seek out:找出;搜出;想获得
e.g.:Seek out uniqueness.
找出独特性。

剧情介绍:
这一次Sherlock来到这个神秘的实验室目的究竟是什么?他那个不确定的测试又究竟是什么?他是怎么样说服他的哥哥帮他打入这个试验场内部的?

分享到
重点单词
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • uniquenessn. 唯一性,独特性
  • conspiracyn. 阴谋
  • unlimitedadj. 无限的,不受控制的,无条件的
  • complyvi. 顺从,遵照,答应
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花