BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第256期:门背后的秘密
日期:2015-02-06 12:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


You've heard of Charles Augustus Magnussen, of course?
你听说过查尔斯·奥古斯塔斯·麦格纳森吧
Yeah. Owns some newspapers.Ones I don't read.
听说过,几家报社的老闆.都是些我不读的报纸
Hang on, weren't there other people?
等等,其他人呢
Mary's taking the boys home, I'm taking you, we did discuss it.
玛丽带他们回家了,我负责送你.我们讨论过这事
People were talking, none of them were me,I must have filtered.
当时好多人在说话,除了我之外.一定是被我封锁掉了
I noticed. - I have to filter out a lot of witless babble.I've got Mrs Hudson on semi-permanent mute.
我注意到了. - 我得封锁好多废话.我几乎把哈德森太太设成了永久静音状态
What is my brother doing here?
我哥哥跑来干什麼
So I'll just pay, then, shall I?
这麼说要我掏钱了
He's straightened the knocker.He always corrects it, it's OCD, doesn't even know he's doing it.
他又把门环给摆正了.总是这样,强迫症,他自己都意识不到
Why do you do that?
你调这个干什麼?
Do what? - Nothing.
调什麼, - 没什麼
Well then, Sherlock, back on the sauce?
夏洛克,又恢復旧习了?
What are you doing here? - I phoned him.
你来干嘛? - 我给他打电话了
The siren call of old habits. How very like Uncle Rudy.Though in many ways, cross-dressing would have been a wiser path for you.
旧时恶习又回来了,跟鲁迪叔叔真像.不过我觉得还是异装癖比较适合你
You phoned him. - Of course I bloody phoned him.
你给他打电话了,-当然
Of course he bloody did. Now save me a little time,where should we be looking?
当然了,别浪费我的时间.我们应该找哪
"We"? - Mr Holmes?
"我们"是指... - 福尔摩斯先生
For God's sake!
老天爷啊!
Anderson?! - Sorry, Sherlock, it's for your own good.
安德森! - 抱歉,夏洛克,这是為了你好
Oh, that's him, isn't it? You said he'd be taller.
这就是他本人啊,比我想像中矮一点
Some members of your little fan club. Do be polite.
他们都是你的粉丝,注意点礼貌
They're entirely trustworthy and even willing to search through the toxic waste dump that you are pleased to call a flat.
他们值得信赖,而且还乐意搜查.这个被你称作"公寓"的有毒垃圾场
You're a celebrity these days, Sherlock.You can't afford a drug habit.
你现在是名人了,夏洛克.可不能有毒癮
I do not have a drug habit. - Hey, what happened to my chair?
我没有毒癮, - 我的椅子呢
It was blocking my view to the kitchen.
它害得我看不到厨房.
Well, it's good to be missed!
很高兴你这麼想我!
You were gone, I saw an opportunity.
反正你也走了,我看到个机会
No, you saw the kitchen.
你只是看到了厨房而已
What have you found so far? Clearly, nothing. - There's nothing to find!
发现什麼了吗,看样子什麼都没有? - 根本就没什麼好找的!
Your bedroom door is shut. You haven't been home all night.
你的卧室门关著,你整夜都没回来
So, why would a man who has never knowingly closed a door without the direct orders of his mother bother to do so on this occasion?
那麼,一个没有妈妈命令.连门都不会关的人.為什麼会关著卧室门呢?
OK, stop, just stop! Point made. - Jesus, Sherlock!
停下来,停,你赢了. - 天啊,夏洛克
I shall have to phone our parents, of course. In Oklahoma.
我要给爸妈打个电话了,他们在俄克拉荷马州.
It won't be the first time that your substance abuse has wreaked havoc with their line dancing.
你也不是第一次因為犯毒癮的关係.害得他们没法好好跳排排舞了
This is not what you think. This is for a case.
事情不是你想的那样,我是為了破案
What case could possibly justify this?
什麼案子需要你这样做?
Magnussen.Charles Augustus Magnussen.
麦格纳森.查尔斯·奥古斯塔斯·麦格纳森
That name you think you may have just heard, you were mistaken.
你们以為自己刚才听到了个名字,其实是听错了.
If you ever mention hearing that name in this room, in this context,
你们要是和别人提起在这裡听到了那个名字
I guarantee you, on behalf of the British Security Services,that materials will be found on your computer hard-drives,
我代表英国情报机关向你们保证.你们的电脑硬碟上会出现一些材料
resulting in your immediate incarceration.Don't reply, just look frightened and scuttle.
并导致你们会因此入狱.别说话,装作害怕的样子逃走吧
I hope I won't have to threaten you as well.
希望我不用像那样威胁你
Well, I think we'd both find that embarrassing.
那样我们肯定都会觉得不好意思
Magnussen is not your business.
麦格纳森与你无关
Oh, you mean he's yours?
这麼说跟你有关了
You may consider him under my protection.
你可以认為他处在我的保护之下
I consider you under his thumb.
我倒是觉得你被他控制了
If you go against Magnussen,then you will find yourself going against me.
你跟麦格纳森作对.就是跟我作对
OK. I'll let you know if I notice.What was I going to say? Oh, yeah.Bye-bye.
好吧,我知道了会通知你的.我要说什麼来著,对了.再见
Unwise, brother mine.
我的弟弟,这可不明智.
Brother mine...Don't appal me when I'm high.
我的哥哥...我嗨著的时候别吓唬我
Mycroft, don't say another word, just go.He could snap you in two and right now,I'm slightly worried that he might.
麦考夫,什麼都别说,快走吧.他会把你弄得半死不活,这会儿.恐怕这个可能性还挺大的
Don't speak, just leave.
什麼都别说,走吧.


妙语佳句

Cripple (pp. & pt. crippled)

vt.使跛;受伤致残;严重削弱;使陷于瘫痪

n.跛子,瘸子;瘫子,残疾;<美方>杂木丛生的沼地;脚蹬


She has gone from being a healthy, fit, and sporty young woman to being a cripple.
她从一个健康、强壮、爱好运动的年轻女性变成了一个跛子。
He had been warned that another bad fall could cripple him for life...
医生警告他,如果再次严重摔伤他可能会终身残疾。
I'm not perfect but I'm also not emotionally crippled or lonely.
我并不完美,但我也没有什么心结,也不孤独。
The pilot was able to maneuver the crippled aircraft out of the hostile area.
飞行员成功地驾驶严重损坏的飞机驶出敌区。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Deviate (pp. & pt. deviated)
v.脱离,越轨,违背,误入歧途;使脱离常轨
n.脱离常轨的人
adj.脱离常轨的

They stopped you as soon as you deviated from the script...
一旦你偏离了剧本的内容,他们就会喊停。
He planned his schedule far in advance, and he didn't deviate from it...
他提前很早就制订出了自己的进度表,然后从未偏离过它。
From very early on he believed a military revolution was necessary and he has never deviated from that
ideological path.
他一早就认为军事革命是必要的,并且从未背离过这一思想路线。

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Share sth. with
分享某物

I already have ways to socially share with my friends.
我也有自己与朋友分享网站的方法。
Are you creating something that encourages your supporters to share with friends and family?
你是否提供了一些可以让机构支持者可以与朋友或者家人分享的信息?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Messenger
n.信使,信差;先驱;[军]通信兵,传令兵

There will be a messenger at the Airport to collect the photographs from our courier...
机场会有一名信使从我们的递送员手中取走照片。
He gave the instruction for the document to be sent by messenger.
他下令由通信员送出文件。

剧情百科


Magnussen究竟是谁?连居高权位的Mycroft也露出惧畏的表情,他也极力阻止Sherlock与他作对。这到底是为什么?不过因为Sherlock病毒在隐隐发作,Mycroft也无话可说。还有,这门背后到底藏着什么?

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.My _____ of a garden was based on gardens I had visited in England...
我对花园的概念是基于我在英格兰观赏过的花园。
2._____ _____ _____ he invited germany's call for political integration by publicly pushing for joint eurobonds.
某种意义上来说正是他公开地推动欧洲联合债权才让德国提出政治统一的。


A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Herbalism had become an all but extinct skill in the Western world.
草药医术在西方已经成了一门几乎绝迹的技艺。
2.Others worry whether legal standards are upheld in private.
其他人则担心法律标准私下里能否得到维持。


分享到
重点单词
  • deviatevt. 使偏离,脱离 vi. 违背,偏离 n. 叛离者,
  • filtern. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜 v. 过滤,渗透 [
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产
  • instructionn. 说明,须知,指令,教学
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • knowinglyadv. 故意地;机警地,狡黠地
  • knockern. 敲击者,敲门者,门环 n. 挑剔的人 (复数)kn
  • sirenn. 汽笛,警报器 n. [希神]塞壬(半鸟半女人的怪物
  • hostileadj. 怀敌意的,敌对的