电影《绝配男女》第32期:想卖弄性感吗?
日期:2013-09-13 17:12

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

Hi.

- Hi, I was just in the area. I was wondering if Monty was home. - Sugar!
嗨,我知道早了点 蒙迪在家吗?
Thanks. Come in.
谢谢 进来
- Want some breakfast? - No thanks. I just had lunch.
想吃早餐了吗?谢谢,我刚吃过午饭
- Oh fuck, what time is it? - It's 2:15.
哦,几点钟呢?两点十五。
Oh Jesus...
天哪
- Want your robe, sexy? - Yes...
想卖弄性感吗?没错
So ahh... What's up?
怎么啦?
Well I wanted to tell you in person,
我想亲口告诉你,
no big deal, but... I didn't pass the Bar,
不是大事 不过我没通过律师考试
so I'm temporarily not with the firm. At least not until the next exam.
所以暂时不能在公司做事 至少在下次考试前不行
But in the meantime, I can still work on that deal for you.
不过同时 我可以完全静下心来
In fact, now I can devote even more time.
实际上现在我有更多时间了
- Does Louis know you're here? - No.
是路易斯让你来的吗?不是
Wow. You've got balls... I'll give you that.
噢,你没有老板 我不能给做这笔生意
But you must think I'm pretty stupid.
你肯定觉得我很蠢
I've been doing this shit since I was 5 years old. I know the deal...
五年前我就开始入这一行了 我明白这里面的规矩
...and I wouldn't make a move without Louis.
没有路易斯我不会跟你合作
You'd know that if you did your homework...
你回家再复习 复习功课就知道了
...then again, if you did your homework you might have passed that test.
你回家复习功课先通过考试
And we wouldn't be standing here, insulting each other like this.
我们再站在这谈论这个问题 白痴
Well, I can support us until you pass... - No.
嗯 我可以帮你通过

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、wonder
n. 惊奇;奇迹;惊愕
vi. 怀疑;想知道;惊讶
vt. 怀疑;惊奇;对…感到惊讶
adj. 奇妙的;非凡的
I wondered what that noise was.
我想知道那噪音是什么。
2、temporarily
adv. 临时地,临时
You might only need it temporarily.
可能你只是暂时的需要它。
3、insult
vt. 侮辱;辱骂;损害
n. 侮辱;凌辱;无礼
I mean, I was a bit insulted that they thought I needed bribing to shut up.
我的意思是,我感到有些受侮辱的是他们认为我收受贿赂才肯闭嘴。
重点短语:
1、in person
亲自;外貌上
Once a week, the team gets together, in person or virtually, and reviews the previous week’s work.
每个星期,小组的所有人聚在一起回顾上一周的工作(面对面的,或者在线的)。
2、in the meantime
在此期间;于此际
In the meantime, what can you do?
在这期间您能做什么呢?
考考你(翻译):
1、我只能对这名妇女远道而来感到惊讶。
2、医生已临时取掉了她近一半的头骨以减轻压力。
3、他们的行为是对他们所代表的人们的一种侮辱。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、People were short in those days – or else those military uniforms all shrank in the wash!
2、He will be in charge of all hiring and firing at PHA.
3、I couldn't trust him anymore.

分享到
重点单词
  • temporarilyadv. 暂时地,临时地
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的