(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
I don't know why, but it occurred to me there
现在也不知道为什么 但是它就在那儿发生了
I realized that I had spent the last two weeks away from most of my habits.
我当时意识到过去 两周我的习惯都改变了
TV was in a language I didn't understand
我不懂电视上的语言
there was nothing to buy, no advertisements anywhere
没什么可买的东西 哪儿都没有广告
so all I'd been doing was
所以我一直做的就是
walk around, think, and write. My brain felt like it was at rest
四处逛逛,思考一下,写点儿什么 好像我的大脑在休假
free from the consuming frenzy. It was almost like a natural high.
远离强烈的暴躁 好像做爱时自然的高潮一样
I felt so peaceful inside. No strange urge to be somewhere else
我内心是如此平静 没有去别的地方的冲动
to shop.
去购物.
It could have seemed like boredom at first
也许起初会很无聊
but it became very, very soulful.
但是热情会越来越高涨
It was interesting, you know?
那很有趣,你知道吗
Can you believe it was nine years ago we were walking around Vienna?
你能想象9年前我们在维也纳漫步吗
Nine years? No, that's impossible. No, it was. It feels like two months.
9年吗?不,那不可能 是的,就是那样。感觉就象两个月
But it was summer '94.
但那是在94年夏
Do I look any different?
我看起来有没有什么改变
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、occur
vi. 发生;出现;存在
If headaches only occur at night, lack of fresh air and oxygen is often the cause.
如果头痛只发生在晚上,缺少新鲜空气和氧气常常是其原因。
2、peaceful
adj. 和平的,爱好和平的;平静的
He has attempted to find a peaceful solution to the Ossetian conflict.
他曾试图找到一个解决奥塞梯冲突的和平的办法。
3、advertisement
n. 广告,宣传
Miss Parrish recently placed an advertisement in the local newspaper.
帕里什小姐最近在当地报纸上登出了一则启事。
4、frenzy
n. 狂暴;狂怒;暴怒
vt. 使发狂;使狂怒
"Get out!" she ordered in a frenzy.
“滚出去!”她发疯似地命令道。
重点短语:
1、at rest
静止;休息;安眠
There are no physical properties that go with the statement 'I am truly at rest.
世界上没有与‘我是真正地处于静止’ 声明相匹配的物理性质。
考考你(翻译):
1、机组人员关错发动机后就坠毁了。
2、农民们在该组织总部外举行了一次喧闹但和平的抗议活动。
3、特雷维索队是意大利俱乐部橄榄球改进状况的一个有效展示。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Consider the problems of the teenager contra those of the adult.
2、The body was interred at that cemetery.
3、It took them about one month to figure out how to start the equipment.